The Student Room Group

how long does pro-plus stay in ur system for?

Hey

How long does pro-plus stay in your system for? Cos I took some last night but had trouble sleeping a few hours later. Just so I know when not to take them. I dont drink coffee so my body isnt too used to cafine

Thanks

Em xxxx
Reply 1
Until they're destroyed by your stomach acids and all that.....sorry :biggrin:

If it's the caffeine you're on about, it's about 3-7 hours, but I usually find I have trouble sleeping whenever I have pro plus or a high-caffeine drink. The way I see it, if I take a caffeine supplement thingy, I better prepare to not get much sleep ^_^
Huh? Proplus isn't on there...is it an American site? I suppose they call it something different.
Looks like most of them have 100mg per pill, I always thought it was 50. Will keep that to myself due to friends thinking my proplus habit is bad, lol.
Its nasty!! And it doesn't take effect for a few hours (which is rubbish!) it just messes up your sleeping pattens. Don't take it. Ask any doctor!!
Reply 5
Well it obviously not a good idea to take it before you intend to go to sleep. Its a caffine supplement so it's going ot keep you awake. I'd say not to take them any later than 4 hours before your going to go to bed.
I think the effect of pro plus depends on how much caffeine intake you have normally. I dont take much other caffeine and the effect for me lasts about 2 hours max.Plus i agree with horrorcops with not taking them before bed, unless you want to do an all nighter!
Reply 7
shouldn't you take them in the mornings? that's when i'm most tired! :wink:
Caffeine has a half life of 20hrs in humans, and pro plus is 50mg a cap. I have to take 6 at once to get a decent effect.(I have a high stimulant tolerance).
*Emily*
shouldn't you take them in the mornings? that's when i'm most tired! :wink:

ha, true...and I have done..but I got quite reliant on them, going to sleep late, meant it messed up my sleeping patterns a bit, and then waking up early again and taking some more to help me through the day. Complete madness.
This is my first time using pro plus and I took them at around 9 in the evening and I still can't sleep What should I do?
Same here! I took 2 tablets at half 8 when i was helping my dad with his car project and was still jawing and feeling sleepy at 10. I then took 2 more thinking i must have a high tolerance to caffine because i drink coffee everyday. By half 11 i had so much energy I literally couldnt stand still and my hands were shaking, my head was buzzing and i kept going dizzy. It has now been 4 and half hours since i last took them and im wide awake sitting on my couch twiddling my thumbs. My heart is racing and i feel sick! its not looking promising of getting any sleep tonight what so ever. I have to say i will definitely not be taking anymore as this is not a good experience and would strongly advise if anyone is thinking about taking pro plus to give them a energy boost to just buy a few energy drinks instead!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending