The Student Room Group

What kind of stuff can you put on a Computer Science personal statement?

Hi,

I'm thinking of applying for Maths and Computer Science, and I sort of understand what kind of things to put for the Maths side of my personal statement but I'm not too sure about the Computer Science bit.

I do some programming and have an interest in computers, but are there any other things which I can do from now until I apply (about 10 months) which would be good to have on the Computer Science side of my personal statement?

Thanks

Subject-related forums

Competitive programming

University course notes, textbooks, video lectures

Semi-formal courses, like those from Stanford recently (search 'Stanford AI class', although there were others) or from whatever MITx turns out to be

A few suggestions. Continuing to develop your programming would be something to talk about, particularly if you can demonstrate completing non-trivial projects.
Reply 2
You could have a crack at some of the problems on project euler.
Reply 3
Work experience will be a good thing I reckon, I've heard Uni's like to see that you've gone out and done some work around your field I think.

I'll be applying for computer science & maths like you so I'm currently teaching myself c# which is tough but I'm getting there..ish ahha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending