Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bleach Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ??????????????????)
    Captain Commander? How is that unusual? I'm confused now.
    Never seen anyone that likes him as much as me and I do know a lot of Bleach fans.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Never seen anyone that likes him as much as me and I do know a lot of Bleach fans.
    Well he isn't like Komamru tier.
    My favorite is dead.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well he isn't like Komamru tier.
    My favorite is dead.
    Yep, I think most people admit that Yamamoto is badass, but to consider him a favourite is not something I see very often. And he's been my favourite since the very beginning - unlike people who suddenly began fan****ing him after the Burnout Inferno mini-arc.

Komamura is not really liked at all.

Hm, if you like the popular characters... Ulquiorra or Grimmjow? Or maybe Starrk, Barragan or Gin?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Yep, I think most people admit that Yamamoto is badass, but to consider him a favourite is not something I see very often. And he's been my favourite since the very beginning - unlike people who suddenly began fan****ing him after the Burnout Inferno mini-arc.

Komamura is not really liked at all.

Hm, if you like the popular characters... Ulquiorra or Grimmjow? Or maybe Starrk, Barragan or Gin?
    Just name everyone dead? lol Starrk and Gin.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just name everyone dead? lol Starrk and Gin.
    Lol there are a lot of characters that I have died. I could eventually come to it, but it'd take a while. The characters that have died are pretty much all bad (no good character except for arguably Gin has died in series).

And I know loads of people who love Starrk and Gin.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone mind helping me out?
    wasnt sure whats going on in the manga
    Spoiler:
    Show
    some chapter (think second the latest?) talks about ichigo being appointed a substitute soul reaper but this was a rousse to observe and limit him

1) why observe and limit? because he has power above a mere average human?weird powers?
    2) what was the whole point of the substitute soul reaper charade? just to monitor all the living people who could pose a potential threat?
    3)why were the captains assigned to kill ichigo? because ginjo found out about the charade and went to ichigo to convince him to be on his side and be against soul society? (assigned to kill him in case they ever rise up against soul society)
    4) have i basically answered all the questions myself?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't really agree that it should have ended at the Soul Society arc, it might have been not so good after but still it was decent. I think it should have ended up until Aizen being defeated because it would be the only way that it would have made sense. Now it seems Kubo it's trying to spin the plot in a way that would make him continue Bleach for another 10 years.

I just read it for the sword fights these days.

(Original post by Xotol)
    Lol there are a lot of characters that I have died. I could eventually come to it, but it'd take a while. The characters that have died are pretty much all bad (no good character except for arguably Gin has died in series).

And I know loads of people who love Starrk and Gin.
    lol yeah but the characters that have died are all bad (like you said) but I don't really remember anyone that died in the main plot that actually died (except Gin). They all either lost an arm or dropped from the plot with no explanation.

The problem with that is that it doesn't bring emotion or memorable moments or interest to the reader. Unlike Naruto where the death of Jiraya is probably one of the many moments that people remember from Naruto.

(Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    Anyone mind helping me out?
    wasnt sure whats going on in the manga
    Spoiler:
    Show
    some chapter (think second the latest?) talks about ichigo being appointed a substitute soul reaper but this was a rousse to observe and limit him

1) why observe and limit? because he has power above a mere average human?weird powers?
    2) what was the whole point of the substitute soul reaper charade? just to monitor all the living people who could pose a potential threat?
    3)why were the captains assigned to kill ichigo? because ginjo found out about the charade and went to ichigo to convince him to be on his side and be against soul society? (assigned to kill him in case they ever rise up against soul society)
    4) have i basically answered all the questions myself?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1) Because Ichigo's power is too big for the normal world to handle, it also tends to go out of control.
    2)It's to send the dead people that are still in the living world to soul society and get rid of the hollows lurking there.
    3)I think that's because of 'finding out about their secret' or being 'too powerful' or something but I can't remember. I think it was explained in the previous chapter.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    tbh...if i wanted it to end, i would have wanted it to end after aizens defeated... could have also made this into a movie... it would have a sad ending given what happens to ichigo, but a small couple seconds scene could be made at the end showing a way he gets his power back... sort of like a cliff hanger...

if i ever develop time travel, ill make this movie happen :cool:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)

Spoiler:
    Show
    1) Because Ichigo's power is too big for the normal world to handle, it also tends to go out of control.
    2)It's to send the dead people that are still in the living world to soul society and get rid of the hollows lurking there.
    3)I think that's because of 'finding out about their secret' or being 'too powerful' or something but I can't remember. I think it was explained in the previous chapter.
    for 2), what about the normal shinigami that are already stationed in the real world? i.e. afro-gami (dont know his name so i named him myself)

so its pretty much similar to what i already thought?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    for 2), what about the normal shinigami that are already stationed in the real world? i.e. afro-gami (dont know his name so i named him myself)

so its pretty much similar to what i already thought?
    I think he came after the Soul Society arc (to replace rukia) but he still hung around after she came back then was quickly cast away like most minor characters.
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, regarding the ending, I agree that Aizen's defeat would have been satisfactory as Ichigo more or less attained the pinnacle of his strength by this point and utilising Mugetsu at the expense of losing his powers completely felt appropriate as it would mean that he would return to where he was at the beginning of the series (sort of, just not spiritually aware), thus ending his time as a shinigami/death god. But alas, regarding the ratings and sales remain relatively high in Japan, Bleach will continue.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yeah, regarding the ending, I agree that Aizen's defeat would have been satisfactory as Ichigo more or less attained the pinnacle of his strength by this point and utilising Mugetsu at the expense of losing his powers completely felt appropriate as it would mean that he would return to where he was at the beginning of the series (sort of, just not spiritually aware), thus ending his time as a shinigami/death god. But alas, regarding the ratings and sales remain relatively high in Japan, Bleach will continue.
    Agreed

There was a thread about bleach made before where someone said that Kubo will continue the series for another 10 years (I think there was a source given but I'm not sure). I can't imagine how anyone will be still watching/reading it up until then. :no:
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think he came after the Soul Society arc (to replace rukia) but he still hung around after she came back then was quickly cast away like most minor characters.
    From my recollection (which is probably wrong), I seem to remember that he was already stationed in Karakura Town and that Rukia only arrived because she detected a spiritual anomaly (Ichigo). It seems to be a requirement to have a shinigami stationed in each area to effectively moderate hollow activity, and obviously before Ichigo took up said duties, this would have been his role.
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    Agreed

There was a thread about bleach made before where someone said that Kubo will continue the series for another 10 years (I think there was a source given but I'm not sure). I can't imagine how anyone will be still watching/reading it up until then. :no:
    Another decade is not totally implausible. While Bleach is performing reasonably well at the moment, ratings and sales wise, it's no One Piece, and given how many shounen series have abruptly ended in the past, both anime and manga, I would say that another decade seems slightly ambitious for a series like Bleach. Maybe Kubo signed a contract with Weekly Shounen Jump that has, in turn, agreed something with Pierrot and TV Tokyo, but I've never heard of such an agreement being made before. Basically, another five years is definitely more realistic.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    From my recollection (which is probably wrong), I seem to remember that he was already stationed in Karakura Town and that Rukia only arrived because she detected a spiritual anomaly (Ichigo). It seems to be a requirement to have a shinigami stationed in each area to effectively moderate hollow activity, and obviously before Ichigo took up said duties, this would have been his role.
    I think Rukia was stationed in that town already - she was dealing with a huge hollow, whose reiatsu was being masked by Ichigo's own huge reiatsu. The afo guy was probably put there after Rukia was imprisoned. I think......
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piko_Piko)
    I think Rukia was stationed in that town already - she was dealing with a huge hollow, whose reiatsu was being masked by Ichigo's own huge reiatsu. The afo guy was probably put there after Rukia was imprisoned. I think......
    Ah yes, I remember now. I stand corrected.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I <3 Beach

That reminds me, I need to re-watch all of the episodes sometime this week :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone even watch Bleach anymore?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostlylikereaper)
    Does anyone even watch Bleach anymore?
    Well I still do, the series is about to finish so might as well see the end.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I stopped watching a few weeks back. Might get back to it when I'm free.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2013
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.