The Student Room Group

Request for extra time in exams

I have been told that I need a letter because I will need extra time in exams. (my tutor can't understand that, even with large print and coloured paper, I still need the extra time)

What does my letter need to say? All I have is letters that state I have this diagnosis and that's it.
I think you probably need to go to your GP who may have to redirect you to some educational psychologist. This expert will then write a letter for you. You should then give this letter (keep a copy just in case) to your school's 'Special Educational Needs' department, who will arrange for you to get extra time. You will probably also have to sit a few tests but after that the school will send your application for extra time to the exam boards and you'll be able to get a laptop + 25%/50% extra time (or special requirements depending on your problem). Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
It's nothing to do with an educational psychologist.
Reply 3
I'm also doing GCSE English, which is what I need the extra time for. I have already been granted extra time for OU exams.
Reply 4
You need either an EP report or a letter from your GP , you should get 25% . (i think :smile: )
Reply 5
Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest