The Student Room Group

IOT Kit List

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Good idea Lou, I'm lucky it's my birthday soon so Mum and Dad are going to buy me a suit. The rest I'm getting on my own but I've extended my overdraft to do it!
Reply 41
i will def have to ask for help from my parents unless i get a credit card which i dont want to do. The equipment is essential though so i dont begrudge buying it it is just one of those things i guess. I havnt started collecting stuff yet, ill wait until after my p2.
Reply 42
I don't mind getting it but I have an overdraft and credit card already and things are (as for everyone) a bit tight... I suppose its just planning it all into your budget. Still Ma & Pa and are gona have to aid me on this one!

Happy Birthday Gem, for whenever it is! I'm lucky on the suit front, I work in an office so have a few already!
Reply 43
as a boy suits are easy to come by, however i just got a new car as my old one was tiny and would neve have fitted all my stuff in so thats money already laid out!!! it is a nice car though and a big upgrade so im not complaining!

I know what you mean lou, ill have a lovely £15000 debt when i join!!
Reply 44
LouE3D
Happy Birthday Gem, for whenever it is! I'm lucky on the suit front, I work in an office so have a few already!

Thanks Lou, it's in just over a week (:eek: I'd actually forgotten about it, good job you reminded me how soon it was!).

Put it this way, I had a couple of suits that would have done fine. Now, thanks to my pre-IOT fitness regime, I need new suits, skirts, shirts, everything. Good job I have that overdraft.
Reply 45
Oooh, debt - 9 grand student loan, 8 grand of car loan. I sympathise Mole.
Reply 46
looks like your £17000 beats my £15000!!!
Reply 47
At least 9 of mine is paid back in small amounts, I'd prefer mine to yours. But as you've got a nice car it must make up for it.
Reply 48
mine is all student loan so it doesnt really count!
Reply 49
I'm starting to worry about not having a car to use as an outside wardrobe, there's kit I want to bring tat I couldn't store in a box - like a sleapingbag so I can sleap on top of my bed and not have to make it from scratch everyday :smile:
Reply 50
just get an mot failure and keep it parked up, they do not cost much
Reply 51
perhaps i could buy a big horse box and charge people rent to store stuff in it. Would make a fortune!!!

As for debts i have about 21,000 altogether but not too bothered. £14000 is student loan, £2000 is overdraft and the rest is a special parent loan which i pay back as and when i see fit (i personally think never but father is not in agrrement with me!).

At least we get paid a reasonable amount after IOT so we can all go and buy nice toys, like fast cars and fast women!........perhaps just cars then, although women should only be allowed slow cars as they are dangerous enough in those let alone giving them 300hp at their disposal!!!
Reply 52
thats a risky thing to say pd, a lady in an evo not appealing then ?
Reply 53
A lady in an Evo with me driving and her playing with herself in the passenger seat is very appealing. Just need to find the Evo and the right woman to join me!!! Any takers ladies?
Reply 54
thats not really what i meant:confused:
Reply 55
In an evo, no! and play with what?:p:
Reply 56
Soooooooooo glad I didn't go to uni! I have £0 worth of dept and I get paid a tidy sum already and will have to take a £3-4 Grand pay deduction when I go to Cranwell. But there's not that much to pay for while your there is there? My car obviously and messing?
Reply 57
I know what you meant and the answer is no. Don't really get the whole sexy woman and car thing. The sexiest form of transport for a woman has to be horse riding! Thats oozes sex appeal!!!
Reply 58
Rotters
Soooooooooo glad I didn't go to uni! I have £0 worth of dept and I get paid a tidy sum already and will have to take a £3-4 Grand pay deduction when I go to Cranwell. But there's not that much to pay for while your there is there? My car obviously and messing?

The thing being you missed out on 3 or 4 awesome years at uni which i have to say have been the best years of my life to date and to be honest i wouldn't care if i had a 50k debt from it. I would do it all again!
Reply 59
TopChick
In an evo, no! and play with what?:p:

I'm not sure what your implying. I was talking about playing with the playstation that is fitted into some posh cars to entertain the passenger whilst the driver is concentrating on the road! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest