The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G544 (approaches and research methods) - 27th Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seventwoseven
Wondering if anyone knows of any online revision resources for this exam?! If only Holah did A2... :frown:

They do :smile: http://more.holah.co.uk/more/ There's not a lot on there though, the section for health is mostly empty, and you have to register.
Reply 61
Original post by hazgibbo
For the perspectives it is;
Pyschodynamic: Freud & Thigpen and Cleckley
Behaviourist: Pavlov, Skinner, Bandura, Milgram, Savage Rumbaugh

Hope this helped? :smile:

Thank you so much!:biggrin:
Reply 62
my school has predicted that the most likely approach is individual differences and the most likely debates are determinism and freewill and also individual/situational, which i think would be a good link to the individual difference approach
Reply 63
How's everyone feeling?
IM SO NERVOUS :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
is one of the approaches/perspective always question 8? cuz i revised a hell of a lot for that :s-smilie:
Oh~ and what should be included in the 19 marker for observations?
:tongue:
Reply 64
So nervous for tomorrow!!

Does anyone have any useful tips for writing out the procedure/method for that 19 mark question at the start??
I always run out of time or can never think of a good study quick enough!
Any tips would be appreciated!!! :smile:
Reply 65
so nervous for this exam! does anybody else have sociology in the morning as well??
Reply 66
Original post by hazgibbo
So nervous for tomorrow!!

Does anyone have any useful tips for writing out the procedure/method for that 19 mark question at the start??
I always run out of time or can never think of a good study quick enough!
Any tips would be appreciated!!! :smile:

just keep your study as simple as possible, it doesnt have to be good, just replicable adn ethical!
Reply 67
For strengths and weaknesses of different approaches, my teacher and I figured out an acronym that works with MOST approaches and perspectives.

SURE:
S- Scientific
U- Usefulness
R- Reductionism
E- Ethical Issues/Ecological Validity

It may look unlikely but just try it out :smile:
Original post by Jojo_555
How's everyone feeling?
IM SO NERVOUS :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
is one of the approaches/perspective always question 8? cuz i revised a hell of a lot for that :s-smilie:
Oh~ and what should be included in the 19 marker for observations?
:tongue:

I dont think observations will come up, 99% sure, i was informed that they 'accidently' missed it out on specification this year so they cant include observation.
Reply 69
can someone tell me if the study by brunner is pychodynamic...or can be used as that....i know its more physiological but i have it written down on paper and i am not sure why.....
i also have the weakness for psychodynamic ...the studies can be a little deterministic such as brunner
Reply 70
I have this exam tomorrow too! I hope the social approach comes up! :smile: but i think Individual differences will come up...
Guys if individual differences comes up tomorrow and it's the free will/determinism debate at the 8 mark question.... what would you put for that?! So stuck!!
Reply 72
Original post by Iloveeverything
I dont think observations will come up, 99% sure, i was informed that they 'accidently' missed it out on specification this year so they cant include observation.

I was told that aswell but i asked my psychology teacher and he said that questions are generated through the syllabus not the spec so anything could be on there.
He said the most obvious ones to come up are either observations or correlation.
I super hope its correlation tho :tongue:
But ive revised everything just in case :biggrin:
bit nervous for Section B. timing is a biggy for me aswell :s-smilie:
Reply 73
Original post by purplepenguin16
Guys if individual differences comes up tomorrow and it's the free will/determinism debate at the 8 mark question.... what would you put for that?! So stuck!!

isn't the eight mark question
"discuss how the approach of ID can help our understanding of everyday life"
or the comparing question which asks us to compare with another approach
Reply 74
Original post by purplepenguin16

Individual differences is very deterministic and ignores the effect of freewill on behaviour. It assumes that humans have very little freewill and are driven by instincts and associations.

Stick in some evidence and elaborate alot :biggrin:

i hope individual differences comes up. Or behaviourism :tongue:
Reply 75
Original post by Dedicated
isn't the eight mark question
"discuss how the approach of ID can help our understanding of everyday life"
or the comparing question which asks us to compare with another approach

erm theres about 3/4 8 markers. The last question usually does ask about everday life or it can be evil and link with an approach.
There was one where social was linked with situational :s-smilie:
Comparing two approaches is usually question C and its worth 12 marks
Reply 76

erm theres about 3/4 8 markers. The last question usually does ask about everday life or it can be evil and link with an approach.
There was one where social was linked with situational :s-smilie:
Comparing two approaches is usually question C and its worth 12 marks

i meant link with a issue or debate xD
I have a feeling that I'm going to run out of time which is what I've done in every single mock I've done so far >.<
I feel manic hand cramp and fast thinking coming up...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
I really need help with Individual Differences can anyone help? pleeaaase? :smile:
Reply 79
Anyone know aa good acronym for how to write section A's, was trying to come up with one. Somthing like (i know AMSP isnt a word)
A-Aim
M-Method
S -Sample
P - Procedure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending