The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology G544 (approaches and research methods) - 27th Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mcleod.amy
hi friends! how did we all find the exam today? did anyone do 'good humour correlated with popularity'? want to see what you did for it...

I did this! :smile:
Original post by bethanysmith_
I'm sure we'll both have done fine - we probably covered all the content. I wrote about debriefing and giving them the right to withdraw for example in mine which covers ethics, so I'm sure it'll be fine :smile:

That's exactly what I put for ethics! You're right, we rule, we'll be fine haha :]
Original post by kkate1212

How did you guys measure good humour and popularity? Likert scale?
hi friends! how did we all find the exam today? did anyone do 'good humour correlated with popularity'? want to see what you did for it...

hello buddy, i didn't do that one found it far too hard. how exactly did you go about tackling such a question? :wink:
Thankfully had done a practice Section B for Social so not too stressed about that ^^ Although had never practiced a Section A for correlation before so that was a bit :L
Original post by kkate1212

oooh did you? what did you do for it?
Original post by seventwoseven
How did you guys measure good humour and popularity? Likert scale?

yeah i used a likert scale as well:smile:
Original post by bethanysmith_
hello buddy, i didn't do that one found it far too hard. how exactly did you go about tackling such a question? :wink:

well you may have made the better choice my friend. well, i used a likert scale and compared it with their social outings/friends. not sure how well i've done. how did your exam go?:biggrin:

I did likert scale to measure 'good humour' and for popularity Facebook friends
well you may have made the better choice my friend. well, i used a likert scale and compared it with their social outings/friends. not sure how well i've done. how did your exam go?:biggrin:

i'd be surprised if i didn't get at least 32 marks on section B. absolutely nailed every question except the last one which was on ethnocentrism.... however i "bombed out" on section A - a phrase a friend of mine used today :colone:
Reply 150
Original post by lushaholic693
Is 'participant variable bias' stuff like gender?

I hope so because that's the sort of things I used!
Reply 151

I did that one :smile:
I used a questionnaire where participants were asked to rate how humorous they think they are from a scale of 0-10 and how many friends they have choosing between 0-5, 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 or 20+

What did you do? :smile:
I talked about how my ppts were students so would be in social situations more, leading to knowing more people leading to more Facebook friends (popularity) and it could have nothing to do with how 'good humoured' they are ..

Feeling ok about the exam really, was really happy with social coming up.. How did people find the ethnocentric question? I waffled on that haha
Time to start major revision for the next exam I guess... :frown: hope it goes as well as this one!

Wish more of you were sharing your answers I'm really interested in what other people said :smile:
Reply 154
Original post by -Haz-
I chose happiness with friendliness, and said I’d get participants to rate themselves for each one on a scale of 1-5.

i did this one too...but i did observation as a technique....and i am pretty sure you cant do that in a correlational study....somebody say i am wrong...i measured happiness by how much partcipant smiled and friendliness by how many people were sat by that person....i really messed up my section A....i only had one participant as well :frown: :frown:
Original post by Dedicated
i did this one too...but i did observation as a technique....and i am pretty sure you cant do that in a correlational study....somebody say i am wrong...i measured happiness by how much partcipant smiled and friendliness by how many people were sat by that person....i really messed up my section A....i only had one participant as well :frown: :frown:

:frown: I wish I could say that's fine but... I think you're right, it wasn't your day today! :frown: It happens to everyone sometimes :/
how did you say you plotted your scattergram with one participant?
Reply 156
I am so glad social came up in this exam :biggrin:
tho im kind of gutted that individual differences didn't, social is my favourite approach :colondollar:

In section A, i chose the intellegence vs acedemic acheivement one....and i made them do a IQ test. Is that right? :s-smilie:
I screwed up on that variable bias thingy.....i think i wrote they were students, and cuz i used an opportunity sample in which i approached them in the morning they mabe the same type of people i.e. those who are more punctual and williing to study so may have better acedemic grades therefore it is biased. :confused::confused::confused: is that wrong? FAIL!

Oh and does anyone know whether you will get marked down for not including A2 studies? :confused:
Reply 157
Original post by Jojo_555
I am so glad social came up in this exam :biggrin:
tho im kind of gutted that individual differences didn't, social is my favourite approach :colondollar:

In section A, i chose the intellegence vs acedemic acheivement one....and i made them do a IQ test. Is that right? :s-smilie:
I screwed up on that variable bias thingy.....i think i wrote they were students, and cuz i used an opportunity sample in which i approached them in the morning they mabe the same type of people i.e. those who are more punctual and williing to study so may have better acedemic grades therefore it is biased. :confused::confused::confused: is that wrong? FAIL!

Oh and does anyone know whether you will get marked down for not including A2 studies? :confused:

You wont get marked down for not using any A2 studies. You can get full marks without using one so its okay :smile:
Reply 158
Does anyone have any ideas about grade boundaries? :smile:
Reply 159
90% A*, 80% A etc etc i guess!

I did the intelligence and achievement question too, i used IQ but didnt know how to get ordinal data :s-smilie: so i just said i'd place them all in order lol.
Spent ages revising ID and the perspectives, then social rears its head like god's gift to me! bloody lush questions! Ethnocentrism was a bit hard but i blabbed on about biased area samples and androcentrism i dunno :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest