Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

King's College London - 4 year (GEP) Denistry 2012

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering who has applied to the 4 year GEP Dentistry course at KCL and whether you've heard anything.

It'd be great to know what your UKCAT was if you have heard back, I'm unsure as to how much emphasis they place on the apititude test when selecting applications for interview etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty awkward when you can not spell dentistry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope this course doesn't get withdrawn. It's my favourite choice. :love:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The course is unlikely to be withdrawn, they may just offer it with a disclaimer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The course at Barts got withdrawn. I even got the interview letter from them. Then immediately after they were like "SORRY MY BAD". Ultimate troll.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any news?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cb1501)
    Pretty awkward when you can not spell dentistry.
    Yeah let's hope you spelt it right in your PS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turkish-delight)
    Any news?
    Have you any news. If u r really not getting the info you want give the admissions time a call they r are very helpful as most people have found out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UR4)
    Have you any news. If u r really not getting the info you want give the admissions time a call they r are very helpful as most people have found out.
    I rang them on Monday, they said we should hear by the end of the week by the latest (20/01/12), still no news. Have you heard back for the 4 year course? I don't want to keep mithering them by ringing, just thought it'd be easier to ask on here to see if anyone has actually heard back for the GEP course.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    can you guys who applied for 2012 entry post your stats cuz am applying for 2013 entry and just want a idea of what i should be looking for
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    BSc Medical Biochemistry - 2.1

A level
    Chem - B
    Bio - B
    Environmental Science - B

GCSE
    A*AAAAABBBC

1 week experience at a general dental practice
    1 week experience at orthodontic clinic
    Volunteered at hospital just talking to elderly patients.

The experience is basically to supplement your personal statement. Make sure you put it on the statement in a way which makes it sound like you got the best out of the work experience. At the end of the day the interviewers aren't gonna know what you did at the experience unless you put it down on paper for them. Oh yeah make sure you can talk to them about it at the interview if you do get one.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by konanakon)
    BSc Medical Biochemistry - 2.1

A level
    Chem - B
    Bio - B
    Environmental Science - B

GCSE
    A*AAAAABBBC

1 week experience at a general dental practice
    1 week experience at orthodontic clinic
    Volunteered at hospital just talking to elderly patients.

The experience is basically to supplement your personal statement. Make sure you put it on the statement in a way which makes it sound like you got the best out of the work experience. At the end of the day the interviewers aren't gonna know what you did at the experience unless you put it down on paper for them. Oh yeah make sure you can talk to them about it at the interview if you do get one.

Thanks that's useful, what extra-curricular did you have?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I was student president of the eco-council at my college and during uni I was part of the British Oriental Society. Those aren't really that big a deal but you want to milk anything you've done which may suggest you've been in a position of leadership.

Other than that I'm just a bum and play video games.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are the interviews intense? How was your experience?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any KCL firmers?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 15, 2012
New on TSR

A-level mocks revision

Chat about your study tips

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.