The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by JCC-MGS
I resent that sexist comment, subjects like Economics and History & Politics are to do with running things and being in positions of responsibility, and therefore are for men. Engineering, what's that, doing menial work with your hands? Sounds suspiciously like a girly subject to me bro

Politics = American High School drama.
Original post by JCC-MGS
I resent that sexist comment, subjects like Economics and History & Politics are to do with running things and being in positions of responsibility, and therefore are for men. Engineering, what's that, doing menial work with your hands? Sounds suspiciously like a girly subject to me bro

u know this. Without Historians, Economists and Politician, society wouldnt exist as it were
Reply 182
Medics>>>>>>>>>>>>

With out them "society wouldnt exist as it were".
Original post by worker13
Medics>>>>>>>>>>>>

With out them "society wouldnt exist as it were".

Are you a medic :eek:
Original post by -Illmatic-
u know this. Without Historians, Economists and Politician, society wouldnt exist as it were

Hey hows the gap year applications coming along? I hope your the person I'm thinking about... :redface:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Hey hows the gap year applications coming along? I hope your the person I'm thinking about... :redface:

Yo. I'm still waiting on Warwick, man. In the meantime, gotta coupla applications sorted. Need to get Accenture sorted out (18.5k for 8 months of working, JCC get at me if you're doing a gap yah!)
Yo. I'm still waiting on Warwick, man. In the meantime, gotta coupla applications sorted. Need to get Accenture sorted out (18.5k for 8 months of working, JCC get at me if you're doing a gap yah!)

I'm like 90% sure I'll be on my gap yah son, chundering everywah

Nice! Did you apply to IBM? And if so do you have any 'business acumen'?

I don't so I'm not hopeful... :frown:
Original post by JCC-MGS

I swear you got 2 offers lol
Nice! Did you apply to IBM? And if so do you have any 'business acumen'?

I don't so I'm not hopeful... :frown:

I have nuttin. They just want a bit of background knowledge on their company lol and for u to be 'passionate' about finance etc

Original post by JCC-MGS

Bruh? you want 18k or wat? Chance to work in the City for 8 months? Get at me
Bruh? you want 18k or wat? Chance to work in the City for 8 months? Get at me

Hold up hold up hold up how do I do this? Does it require being actually good at something?
Original post by JCC-MGS
Hold up hold up hold up how do I do this? Does it require being actually good at something?

Nah. Get at me.
Original post by JCC-MGS

Yes. Get at Illmatic.
Though to be fair I have heard they are pretty difficult to get. Someone in my school got a straight rejection days after they sent their app off
Yes. Get at Illmatic.

Doesn't sound promising but I'll see what I can do. In answer to your Q I have got two offers but I'd like to try Oxford again and put in the work this time
Original post by JCC-MGS
Doesn't sound promising but I'll see what I can do. In answer to your Q I have got two offers but I'd like to try Oxford again and put in the work this time

my man

i hope you get in next cycle. geniunely.
Original post by JCC-MGS

Yeah tbf I wouldn't class you as competition anyway. Sorry.

lol jk or am I? :colone:

I'd apply again only if you have stellar grades (which I assume are required by your course). If you do, then go for it. If not then not too sure.
Yeah tbf I wouldn't class you as competition anyway. Sorry.

lol jk or am I? :colone:

I'd apply again only if you have stellar grades (which I assume are required by your course). If you do, then go for it. If not then not too sure.

Jace will have stellar grades. Goes without saying, nicca
Though to be fair I have heard they are pretty difficult to get. Someone in my school got a straight rejection days after they sent their app off

I got a straight reject from Deloitte. Better than thinking 'what if' as I perpetually stack shelves in Tesco (or Poundland in JCCs case) for 15 hours a day
I got a straight reject from Deloitte. Better than thinking 'what if' as I perpetually stack shelves in Tesco (or Poundland in JCCs case) for 15 hours a day

I haven't handed in anything yet :s-smilie:

Dw mate, there's still B of E which opens some time in Jan, and KPMG which hasn't opened yet to my knowledge (well that was a week ago)

Man I'm finding a job in Tescos pretty difficult to get. No vacancies, and other shops want retail exp, which I'm getting now atm.

Latest