The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

MBDTF was Kanye's best album in my opinion.

But I understand why people prefer College Dropout, or Late Reg.
Original post by danielnkwocha
But his greatest masterpiece, MBDTF, came out in 2010...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Each to his own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wilfred Little
It's not that I don't rate it I just prefer his other albums, and at this point I think there's a touch of the emperor's new clothes with MBDTF. I can't get my head around anyone who's followed his career from the start or gave his whole discography a thorough listen saying that album was his best. It was just OK to me. I've listened to it over twenty times and it's still just OK.

Graduation is more fun to listen to, Yeezus was abrasive & confrontational but I liked that about it, well the first half anyway. 808's he tried something a bit different which people didn't like. I liked it, I don't think it deserves the criticism it gets. The first two albums are very good, the only thing that annoys me with those is the unnecessary interludes. I'm yet to hear a Hip-Hop album that would lose any of it's quality if you removed the skits. So many excellent albums from the 90's to the early 00's that suffered because of things like '$20 Sack Pyramid' & 'Ken Kaniff'.

Lol, Ken Kaniff, Eminem loved them weird skits, the worst ones were on Relapse (which I actually thought was a good album)

But yeah I liked Graduation too

Flashing Lights, Can't Tell Me Nuttin and Drunk & Hot Girls >>>
Plebs
Original post by chelseafan
Plebs

u wot m8
Original post by zKlown
u wot m8

This thread has the WOAT music opinions lel
Original post by chelseafan
This thread has the WOAT music opinions lel

Opinion is subjective and tbh, most the people who post in here have a sound knowledge on Hip-Hop
omg that Kanye performance at KoKo was epic. Will never forget that.

Any of you guys go?

Old song, but the dudes' new album drops next month. I'm a bit of a BTnH noob, nor have I really paid any interest to each of their respective solo projects, but this year I think I'll be taking note.
Original post by Drunk Punx

Old song, but the dudes' new album drops next month. I'm a bit of a BTnH noob, nor have I really paid any interest to each of their respective solo projects, but this year I think I'll be taking note.

Krayzie always has a tight flow
Anyone else on that new Jay Electronica track? https://soundcloud.com/rapradar-1/jay-electronica-road-to-perdition

God I hope this album really comes out one day :moon:
Confirmed, 17 days until Kendrick's new album comes out! I can't remember the last time I was so excited for a record.

Oh yeah I do - 2012 before gkmc
Any of you hitting wireless this year ? The line up looks like fire, even if Drake bails again :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e aí rapaz
Anyone else on that new Jay Electronica track? https://soundcloud.com/rapradar-1/jay-electronica-road-to-perdition

God I hope this album really comes out one day :moon:

Jay really is one of the few modern rappers that I keep an eye out for

What an artist!
Favourite rap songs ever - honestly I love them all so it's hard to put them in order.

1. Hurt Me Soul - Lupe Fiasco

2. Immortal Technique - Caught In A Hussle

3. Flawless Real Talk - Take Me Away

4. R.A The Rugged Man - Daddy's Halo

5. Immortal Technique - You Never Know

6. Vinnie Paz - Is Happiness Just A Word

7. Mockingbird - Eminem

8. R.A The Rugged Man - Learn Truth

9. Flipsyde - Happy Birthday
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;MGbylq-AvOs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGbylq-AvOs[/video]
To Pimp A Butterfly

It'll be a GOAT.
Tetsuo & Youth will be better than Kendrick new album
Where is Jay Rock's new album? :frown: As much as I like Kendrick, I would prefer TDE to give us a new Jay Rock album. Hopefully in the summer...

Latest