The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Maradiah;56196037"]
Original post by ElChapo

Yes that's right and Youngs Teflon is another one and so is Colours Miyagi.

But most of the youths just give me a headache with their apparent "gangster lifestyles", which we all know most of them come all blacked out for a video shoot, but behind the scenes they are the total opposite.

I won't deny there are a few real artists out there, but no-one in the UK rap game is making that kind of money from music.

Everyone in the UK rap scene is broke, only US artist are making a decent income from this industry, now you cannot deny that?

Everyone in the UK rap game should just pack their bags and say bon voyage because no body in this scene is reaching the pinnacle that the US has mounted.

Hmm...I see your point but there are loads of cameras in Brixton therefore restricting crime. Some of them...are actually trying to blow like Sneakbo I think he left the gang culture and just does what he enjoys best. So they are still making money, I don't understand you accusing them of being broke when some of them clearly use AC method to get money.
So it is a pretty mixed story, gangs are still out there in Brixton and there are actually more than before.
But some UK rap artists use small YouTube channels to grow so that they can blow.
[QUOTE="0lut0;56198691"]
Original post by Maradiah

Hmm...I see your point but there are loads of cameras in Brixton therefore restricting crime. Some of them...are actually trying to blow like Sneakbo I think he left the gang culture and just does what he enjoys best. So they are still making money, I don't understand you accusing them of being broke when some of them clearly use AC method to get money.
So it is a pretty mixed story, gangs are still out there in Brixton and there are actually more than before.
But some UK rap artists use small YouTube channels to grow so that they can blow.

Most artists make money from publishing, I don't know but I hardly doubt 99% of UK rappers are making a decent living from this industry, maybe Chip and Tinie are making money but the rest are still stuck on their ***** council estate making youtube videos trying to get noticed and that's a fact.

They borrow their chains from Hatton garden then return it when the video is complete, and that's laughable because UK rappers are a bunch of posers, anyway we could go on about this all day. But let's agree to disagree, you think the UK rap game is growing I think it will remain in the same spot, the only artist actually making any kind of noise right now is Skepta and he is the only beacon of hope we have right now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Most UK rappers are unsigned so obviously their income from music won't compare to the US. There are quite a few making a good living from it, Skepta, JME, Krept and Konan, Giggs, Lethal B. UK rap is mostly underground so it's not a surprise that the revenue doesn't compare to the US. If you are only into mainstream then fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
Most UK rappers are unsigned so obviously their income from music won't compare to the US. There are quite a few making a good living from it, Skepta, JME, Krept and Konan, Giggs, Lethal B. UK rap is mostly underground so it's not a surprise that the revenue doesn't compare to the US. If you are only into mainstream then fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a huge fan of Chicago's SAVEMONEY style hip-hop, so Chance the Rapper, Vic Mensa, Kids these Days etc.
Which UK artist do you think i might like?

Plus have you heard the Slaves cover of Skepta's shut down, its a must listen
[video="youtube;mRftBEcRURE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRftBEcRURE[/video]
This tune is banging, hope the kid will blow one day.
Great vocals and well constructed bars.
London Rap Vs Chicago Rap.
Which is better in your opinion?
[video="youtube;9q7sEqEJMiw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q7sEqEJMiw[/video]
What I hate about uk rap is that of vids in council estates promoting violence talking about the people theyve murdered with guns and that. Real rappers like akala and lowkey which don't play up to the stupid guns and weed themes are real rappers not people like nines n ****.
Original post by 0lut0
London Rap Vs Chicago Rap.
Which is better in your opinion?
[video="youtube;9q7sEqEJMiw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q7sEqEJMiw[/video]

Chicago hands down.
Not for any of these, for Chance, Kanye and Vic
Original post by TheTruthTeller
What I hate about uk rap is that of vids in council estates promoting violence talking about the people theyve murdered with guns and that. Real rappers like akala and lowkey which don't play up to the stupid guns and weed themes are real rappers not people like nines n ****.

Well isn't that what they are inspired by because Chicago is what London youngsters look up to?
Original post by findlercam
Chicago hands down.
Not for any of these, for Chance, Kanye and Vic

Not for Common? :rolleyes:
Original post by e aí rapaz
Not for Common? :rolleyes:

And a little common on the side
BIG L, BIG pun, Biggie, Andre 3000, EPMD, Run DMC, NWA, Rakim and Eric B, Nas, LL Cool J, WU Tang Clan(forever) gang starr, outkast, the fugees, roots, e-40, afrika bambaataa, common, Knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everyone, DMX, pac, method man, redman, the d.o.c, slick rick, big daddy kane, jay z(early), kanye(graduation time), aaliyah, Lauryn hill, left eye, missy elliot, UGK, Eminem too $hort, busta rhymes(early), MF doom, cam'ron, masta ace, the pharcyde, brand nubian, dead prez, geto boys, heavy d, naughty by nature, DJ kool herc, dj quik, the sugarhill gang, kool keith. pete rock & cl smooth, ATCQ, public enemy, x-clan, grandmaster flash, marley marl(humpty), cold crush brothers

Just wanted to throw down some good old school hip hop artist...
Has anyone else not listened to old school hip-hop or just me? I've listened to like Em, Kanye, outkast and Jay-Z but apart from them no one else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Déscartés
Has anyone else not listened to old school hip-hop or just me? I've listened to like Em, Kanye, outkast and Jay-Z but apart from them no one else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've listened to a few bits and bobs but not many

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I've listened to a few bits and bobs but not many

Posted from TSR Mobile

who do you people primarily listen to?

i would recommend j.cole, black hippy, tech n9ne, r.a the rugged man, slug from atmosphere, immortal technique.....
Original post by JackSpinner1
who do you people primarily listen to?

i would recommend j.cole, black hippy, tech n9ne, r.a the rugged man, slug from atmosphere, immortal technique.....

I tend to stick to Eminem, Bad Meets Evil, Hoodie Allen, a little Tech N9ne and a little Mac Lethal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by findlercam
I am a huge fan of Chicago's SAVEMONEY style hip-hop, so Chance the Rapper, Vic Mensa, Kids these Days etc.
Which UK artist do you think i might like?

Plus have you heard the Slaves cover of Skepta's shut down, its a must listen

Nah I havent heard that cover and I have never heard of the Slaves. And that Chance & Vic Mensa style of rap doesn't really exist, the UK doesn't have many rappers from the suburbs, so I couldn't tell you who to listen to off the top of my head, I'll have a think though.
Have had this on repeat for a while. This guy is sick.

[video="youtube;XhmGfZ1SeuY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhmGfZ1SeuY[/video]
Post Malone is flippin terrible ngl.

Can't even make it halfway through one of his songs
Original post by e aí rapaz
Post Malone is flippin terrible ngl.

Can't even make it halfway through one of his songs

:lol: I love him. Different tastes, I guess.

Latest