Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dream Log

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Father jumps off a cliff with a parachute. It doesn't open and he's falling to a piece of cliff. I panic slightly and he seems to slow down in the air and land on his hands and belly. He looks up and signals that he's okay.

After worrying quite seriously for a while about jumping; I do it - making sure to jump further than the piece of cliff. I try to pull the parachute but it doesn't release. I view myself from the bottom of the cliff (I feel like I'm in the eyes of my brothers now) crashing into the ground. I don't feel any pain, or hear any sounds throughout the dream. The only senses that seem to be active are vision and emotions (panic and trepidation). As I'm falling there's a sense of acceptance that I'm going to die.

I can loosely remember walking away with my brothers at the end of the dream claiming that I pulled the parachute but that it did not work - they refused to believe that I pulled it.

I am going to analyse this now and say that this dream is telling me to act on my trepidation. It's also telling me not to follow in the footsteps of my father or brothers but instead to make my own decisions in life and follow them through.
    Furthermore, since I did not prepare the parachute myself I have to be the sole person in charge of preparing whatever I do in life. For example, don't go bungee jumping if you know nothing about the equipment and physics and can't be 100% sure that everything is in working order.
    Finally, the last part of the dream is telling me to ignore my brothers until they start treating me properly and accepting what I say rather than arguing relentlessly with them.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could look at it like that, or you could look at it like it is: a dream, dreams don't mean ****.

Last night I woke up screaming "you have to get out of here" to my girlfriend and then when questioned why I told her to "beware of the plates". I repeat, dreams mean nothing.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    You could look at it like that, or you could look at it like it is: a dream, dreams don't mean ****.

Last night I woke up screaming "you have to get out of here" to my girlfriend and then when questioned why I told her to "beware of the plates". I repeat, dreams mean nothing.
    All of my dreams have meaning. You are probably just out-of-touch with your subconscious.

Also, everything has purpose. What good is it to assume otherwise?
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Last_Melon)
    All of my dreams have meaning. You are probably just out-of-touch with your subconscious.

Also, everything has purpose. What good is it to assume otherwise?
    You believe all of your dreams have meaning. You don't have any proof, nor do we. I choose to take the position of logical scepticism.

Also, (without wanting to get off topic ), what makes you think everything has a purpose? What do you even mean by a 'purpose'?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amwazicles)
    You believe all of your dreams have meaning. You don't have any proof, nor do we. I choose to take the position of logical scepticism.
    Also, (without wanting to get off topic ), what makes you think everything has a purpose? What do you even mean by a 'purpose'?
    Everything has a purpose to varying degrees. I do not just believe they have meaning, I absolutely know it.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everything has a purpose to varying degrees. I do not just believe they have meaning, I absolutely know it.
    Well if you *know* they have meaning, then I know that they don't. :dontknow:

What do you mean has a purpose? As I said, what do you even mean by a purpose?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well if you *know* they have meaning, then I know that they don't. :dontknow:

What do you mean has a purpose? As I said, what do you even mean by a purpose?
    It's all part.of.the.plan
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's all part.of.the.plan
    Which plan :facepalm: Stop trying to talk in riddles and make your point.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which plan :facepalm: Stop trying to talk in riddles and make your point.
    I don't need to make my point, it will make itself.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't need to make my point, it will make itself.
    When will this be? I'm intrigued...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dreams don't have meaning!!

Last night I was running through a building crying (in my dream) because I couldn't find the group of people that I was with. I eventually found them after an hour. I then asked my boyfriend to have sex with me and he said no, and I kept asking why.

LOL how funny.
    Now how could that dream mean anything?!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely heard a voice in my head for the first time last night. It said "Toma" in an italian accent. I heard it just before I fell asleep. Potentially going crazy.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely heard a voice in my head for the first time last night. It said "Toma" in an italian accent. I heard it just before I fell asleep. Potentially going crazy.
    It's common to hear or see things that aren't there just before falling asleep.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's common to hear or see things that aren't there just before falling asleep.
    Really? Phew. It's a first for me!
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really? Phew. It's a first for me!
    It's nothing to worry about

Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Snatches of imagined speech are common.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had a really ****ed up dream.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I barely ever remember my dreams, and when I do, they usually involve sex.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Worries in dreams often reflect worries in life I think. Also, when you have ****ed up dreams do they scare you awake or do you just remember them being ****ed up after waking? if that makes sense!
    Also voices and images around sleep aren't really worth worrying about I get them all the time.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.