The Student Room Group

23 year old virgin male...Need some serious advice, please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rob25
Follow through with this. You can definitely do it. Stay on course and you'll be a lot different in just 3months. In a year you'll be extremely different and in 3-5 you'll be a completely different person. Just understand it takes time, read this book http://www.amazon.com/Mastery-Keys-Success-Long-Term-Fulfillment/dp/0452267560 to get the right mindset around changing something. The virginity loss will take place some where a long this path.

The best of luck to you!

Thanks a lot for making the effort to type that post out, pos rep.

What i'm worried about is the fact that i already do a lot of those things (perhaps not the most exotic parts of it) and i don't really find myself gaining any confidence/self esteem from them.

I play rugby and cricket for uni and tennis to county level.

I've been working out for 4 years since y10 and i look miles better physically than the average guy.

I play the piano, done grade 8 and a teaching diploma. I love all types of music, i love movies old and new, i love talking about politics, history, economics, literature or any of the above things i've mentioned. I enjoy travelling learning about the world, reading and just generally expanding my horizons.

In some ways it makes me more desperate because i'm doing these sorts of things really well, and enjoying them, but i'm still not making any progress with girls. And that makes me think that there's actually something inherently wrong with me, something i maybe can't change. Probably not the case, but it's the conclusion i jump to unfortunately...

Any ideas?
Reply 21
Your welcome, I empathize with your situation.

Have you recently seen a psychiatrist or psychologist for an evaluation?
Original post by Rob25
Your welcome, I empathize with your situation.

Have you recently seen a psychiatrist or psychologist for an evaluation?

Are you a psychiatrist trying to find vulnerable people to take on as new clients from this forum?

Original post by Anonymous

What i'm worried about is the fact that i already do a lot of those things (perhaps not the most exotic parts of it) and i don't really find myself gaining any confidence/self esteem from them.

I've been working out for 4 years since y10 and i look miles better physically than the average guy.

I play the piano, done grade 8 and a teaching diploma. I love all types of music, i love movies old and new, i love talking about politics, history, economics, literature or any of the above things i've mentioned. I enjoy travelling learning about the world, reading and just generally expanding my horizons.

In some ways it makes me more desperate because i'm doing these sorts of things really well, and enjoying them, but i'm still not making any progress with girls. And that makes me think that there's actually something inherently wrong with me, something i maybe can't change. Probably not the case, but it's the conclusion i jump to unfortunately...

Any ideas?

Personally I think it's so easy to get into a bit of a depression if you spend lots of time on your own. I think friendships are such a big part of happiness and that you'll gain loads more confidence by spending more time with friends and just enjoying other people's company. I actually lost contact with a lot of my friends because they got into drugs so I don't have many friends now. Have jumped back on TSR after a while of not coming on here, as it's cool to see what's going on in other people's lives and generally have a bit of a chat. Maybe go on chat roulette and practice talking to people on that? You'll probably get a lot of weirdos but there's bound to be some interesting people in the mix too. Sit the webcam next to your piano and just chill out and play some tunes. You'll get conversations started with girls in no time - girls love musicians. Do anything you can to just gain some confidence speaking to girls and gradually things will pick up.
Reply 23
Original post by RichyFrench
Are you a psychiatrist trying to find vulnerable people to take on as new clients from this forum?

No
Reply 24
get shredded and get laid, thats how you should do it. feels damn good

Any ideas?

looking at your hobbies, the average girl doesn't care about politics or economics, or literature, therefore they would probably find you boring to be honest. I train in boxing, and you'd be surprised how many girls like boxing, usually because they think the guys are "fit" or "hot" lol. Do you do any contact sports like boxing or MMA? Because girls like to box, and the gym I train at has quite a few girls who do a spot of boxing training, just for the exercise mainly. They are cute girls too, so I had the opportunity to show one of the girls how to throw a jab without injuring her wrist, which she thanked me for. Anyway, we got talking and we've become workout buddies and good friends. I even go out with her into town or clubbing, but it's not like that at every gym, I know. But rugby and cricket aren't exactly female oriented sports, so they tend to steer clear of them. Maybe try a yoga or pilates class one time at the gym? I go to fitness first, and they always have a yoga class on during the week. I tried it out a few times with my mate, it was good, and plenty of girls/women in the class too. Maybe worth a try?
go to a brothel and pay a prostitute...then u are not a virgin :smile:

exercise and follow a good diet to reduce ur weight
Original post by Csna
get shredded and get laid, thats how you should do it. feels damn good

I'm more shredded than you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending