The Student Room Group

CUSU shadowing scheme 2012

Hi there

I'm new to TSR, but was just wondering whether anyone has applied for the shadowing scheme at Cambridge in Jan/Feb next year, and what options did you pick? I chose medicine as 1st and PPS as 2nd. Has anyone been on it before/ was it useful?

Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Erm yh I choose Maths first and I did Education Studies second by mistake, I only yesterday choose to E-Mail them to let them know it's a mistake. I doubt I'll get a reply before 1st Jan.

Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 2
It shouldn't matter that much if it was your second choice, but I hope they change it anyway for you. I'd seriously suck at maths, so you must be mega smart.

Good luck to you too x
Lol I just logged on and you just replied; perfect timing :biggrin:

Okay anways (there's me getting distracted over stupid things again :frown:) maths is like the one subject that is awesome :love:
You call me smart and you're the one applying for medicine :/
they said i was not legible because i go to a pv8 school :frown:
Original post by Rubbaduckzilla
they said i was not legible because i go to a pv8 school :frown:

Hmm really? :shock:
I thinks the scheme is mainly aimed at kids from underprivelleged backgrounds, but then again I don't know much about it.
Reply 6
I applied for Nat Sci *Physical* and Engineering was my second choice...
Really wnna get on!
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Hmm really? :shock:
I thinks the scheme is mainly aimed at kids from underprivelleged backgrounds, but then again I don't know much about it.

yeh :frown: i mean ive been state school all my life apart from only one term :s-smilie:
yeh :frown: i mean ive been state school all my life apart from only one term :s-smilie:

awww that stinks then :frown:
what do you want to do at uni? :smile:
awww that stinks then :frown:
what do you want to do at uni? :smile:

HA YEh. erm well my alevels are bio chem econ maths.
Was thinking about doing economics but now i want to go into science, not really sure exactly which degree, maybe biochem. what about you? :smile:
HA YEh. erm well my alevels are bio chem econ maths.
Was thinking about doing economics but now i want to go into science, not really sure exactly which degree, maybe biochem. what about you? :smile:

bio and chem are solid. you could go into medicine with them subjects, just depends on what you enjoy though :smile:
im doing maths, further maths, physics and eco. i wanna do maths at uni :biggrin:
bio and chem are solid. you could go into medicine with them subjects, just depends on what you enjoy though :smile:
im doing maths, further maths, physics and eco. i wanna do maths at uni :biggrin:

similar alevels. ha thats really good :smile:
i enjoy maths, but i was scared to pick f maths ha.
Reply 12
*Subscribes*

I've volunteered to have a shadow, so I'm curious to see whether I can find him/her here before we meet in Cambridge.

Any Pembroke law shadows? :puppyeyes:
similar alevels. ha thats really good :smile:
i enjoy maths, but i was scared to pick f maths ha.

lol yh i think maths is awesome :love:
imma do d1 in jan and that's okay (about as easy as c1 or maybe c2); i think AS further maths is alright but i gather that A2 is really hard :frown:
You say that but maths is one of the hardest subjects around, and your obviously good at it. I've got to put in some serious revision for bio to stand a chance of getting my grade in January. Oh well, we should find out soon enough, but I'm kinda counting down the hours now which is really annoying.
Hope you guys all get in, let me know :biggrin: x
Original post by rockchicsocks
You say that but maths is one of the hardest subjects around, and your obviously good at it. I've got to put in some serious revision for bio to stand a chance of getting my grade in January. Oh well, we should find out soon enough, but I'm kinda counting down the hours now which is really annoying.
Hope you guys all get in, let me know :biggrin: x

Hmmm I'm okay :s-smilie:
Lol I'm nowhere near what I need to get for physics or eco. My physics teacher was like to me if you wanna stand a good chance of getting into cambridge then you need 90%+ :frown:
I thought they'd have replied by about boxing day, i'm just dreading getting education studies because then i don't know what i'll do :frown:

Spoiler

I thought they would have replied sooner as well :/ I should be ok in psychology, but it's bio + government and politics I'm worried about( I know they're not very medical subjects, I'm going to be starting chem next year)
If you do get given educational studies, just ask them to swap you, or if they can't, then they should be able to put you in a few lectures of maths at least, because that's what they did with some people last year. Either way, at least you would be able to get a taste if Cambridge life x
Reply 17
i've applied for the shadowing scheme and vet med was my first choice, really want a reply soonish! but i swear from reading past threads that some people heard back quite late?
Hi guys

Just read this off the website(http://www.applytocambridge.com/shadowing/)

'' Your application are in the last stage of being sorted out.

If you haven't received an email yet don't worry - nobody has. Due to some delays in the process, you will know in the next couple of days by email whether or not you have a place on the Shadowing Scheme. Sorry for the delay. ''

So looks like we won't know for a few days longer :s-smilie:

Well good luck guys anyway, let me know, and have a great new year :biggrin: x
Original post by rockchicsocks
Hi guys

Just read this off the website(http://www.applytocambridge.com/shadowing/)

'' Your application are in the last stage of being sorted out.

If you haven't received an email yet don't worry - nobody has. Due to some delays in the process, you will know in the next couple of days by email whether or not you have a place on the Shadowing Scheme. Sorry for the delay. ''

So looks like we won't know for a few days longer :s-smilie:

Well good luck guys anyway, let me know, and have a great new year :biggrin: x

Why would they lie to us like this :s-smilie:
:frown:

All the best to you too! What did you apply for?
EDIT: Oh wait you've already said it xD
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending