The Student Room Group

Do you do Additional Maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1)
I agree that the standard does seem to be very similar, and across a really broad range of topics. I was astonished about how much of C1, C2, and M1 we covered in add maths (up to non-linear acceleration). There are bits and pieces in C1 and C2 I think that aren't covered in the FSMQ, but you get taught those anyway. Further maths is well worth doing. S1 you will have covered bits of (and its easy) and D1 is mostly new (apart from linear programming). FP1 is totally new, but a lot of fun if you enjoy maths. It's such a good opportunity, especially if its taught well and frequently enough! Good luck :smile:

S1 should be a doddle because
1. It is easy
2. I am doing AddMaths
3. I did Statistics GCSE

My teacher gave us an S1 test to do in class conditions , OCR MEI i think it was, and I got 69/72 anyway!
Original post by lollington-mccoy
Yes, and thank god there are no vectors :P

Maybe, but I think if it did cover Vectors it would help a lot!
Original post by GreenLantern1
1. It is easy
2. I am doing AddMaths
3. I did Statistics GCSE

My teacher gave us an S1 test to do in class conditions , OCR MEI i think it was, and I got 69/72 anyway!

Bang on :smile: sounds like you know what you're doing.
Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1)
Bang on :smile: sounds like you know what you're doing.

Cheers,Well I take it you are into maths from the name, your friend 'i'!
Reply 44
1. It is easy
2. I am doing AddMaths
3. I did Statistics GCSE

How many days will it take to study S1?
I am aiming for full marks.

I just started studying S1 today.
Original post by raheem94
How many days will it take to study S1?
I am aiming for full marks.

I just started studying S1 today.

Well it depends on a few things.

What year are you in?
What qualifications have you got or are studying towards that presume Statistics knowledge?
How good are you at maths?
Cheers,Well I take it you are into maths from the name, your friend 'i'!

My imaginary friend :wink: Yeah, I'm going to study Physics next year, and I really enjoy it. OCR MEI is a great board for Maths. I genuinely enjoy doing the papers (geeky moment).
Reply 47
Well it depends on a few things.

What year are you in?
What qualifications have you got or are studying towards that presume Statistics knowledge?
How good are you at maths?

I am in year 13, second year A-Level.

At O-level i did GCE 'O' Level in maths, not GCSE.

I have completed A-Level maths with an A* grade, i am currently studying further maths. Statistics is a part of my further maths.

I am self-studying all units.

You can see my marks in my profile to judge my maths ability.

I have completed A-Level maths with an A* grade, i am currently studying further maths. Statistics is a part of my further maths.

Well looking at your profile I would say you are fairly good at maths, so it should really take you only a month or so if you give it time and dedication. What happened with the M3 script then?
Reply 49

Well looking at your profile I would say you are fairly good at maths, so it should really take you only a month or so if you give it time and dedication. What happened with the M3 script then?

You both are pros at maths, and I have learnt a lot from you guys :smile: Thanks :colondollar:!
Original post by blueray
You both are pros at maths, and I have learnt a lot from you guys :smile: Thanks :colondollar:!

Arre you doing addmaths atm? And I am sure you are immense too, don't be modest!
Reply 51
I hate revising for it! - Especially kinematics. What more is there to do except past papers?!
Reply 52

I have asked for my M3 script, but i haven't got it yet.

A month is too much for me, i also have to do S2, FP3, AEA and physics. So i was planning to finish S1 within a week, is it possible to get 100/100 level in S1 in a week?
Reply 53
Arre you doing addmaths atm? And I am sure you are immense too, don't be modest!

Lol yeah those q's were past paper ones :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by blueray

You are the same guy who was struck at that CAST diagram and some other trig questions a few days ago, right?

Are you doing A-Level or O-Level?
Reply 55
I didn't even know Add Maths existed last year, otherwise it could have been another easy A* to add to my long list. </cocky> :colonhash:
Reply 56
You are the same guy who was struck at that CAST diagram and some other trig questions a few days ago, right?

Are you doing A-Level or O-Level?

GCSE Add maths :smile: It's like as level but not actually :s-smilie:
Original post by Zhy
I didn't even know Add Maths existed last year, otherwise it could have been another easy A* to add to my long list. </cocky> :colonhash:

If you're good at maths it is a rather easy A* tbh, doesn't require much effort, plus the grade boundaries are generally really low.
Reply 58
Doing AddMaths with WJEC and it's not a GCSE it's a certificate which means that my holiday isn't as long as others as it is after everything...
and you get distinction, merit, pass or fail
I have 10 days between my last GCSE exam-history (15th June) and AddMaths exam (25th June) which means I can't go on holiday early or whatnot>.<
On the plus side, however, I still miss speech day :biggrin:
Maybe, but I think if it did cover Vectors it would help a lot!

FSMQ doesn't cover vectors then? My Additional Maths IGCSE does :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending