The Student Room Group

Do you do Additional Maths?

I'm doing OCR wbu? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by blueray

Original post by blueray
I'm doing OCR wbu? :smile:

i'm not sure what exam board but atm i'm doing regular ocr modular maths but next year (year 11) i will be hopefully doing additional maths i'm not sure what exam board probably ocr
Yep OCR Additional Maths FSMQ
Reply 3
I did OCR MEI but wish I hadn't. It was an extra and the teachers decided to only teach us the calculus section - didn't exactly do well in the exam...
Original post by megan205
I did OCR MEI but wish I hadn't. It was an extra and the teachers decided to only teach us the calculus section - didn't exactly do well in the exam...

Ouch unlucky.. you mustve only got like an E
Our exam is end of May aswell... Thurs 24th or Fri 25th
Reply 6
Original post by GreenLantern1
Ouch unlucky.. you mustve only got like an E

Somehow managed to get a D. One person got a C (now doing Maths, Further Maths and possibly Maths at Oxbridge) but the rest got a U. Feel kind of cheated by the school :mad:
Im guessing the person who got a C didn't put it on their SAQ for their Cambridge application!
Reply 8
Original post by GreenLantern1
Im guessing the person who got a C didn't put it on their SAQ for their Cambridge application!

Well, then they would be lying and potentially invalidating their application - and in any case, the OP didn't specify that they were applying to Cambridge, just 'Oxbridge' :sigh:

I wish that my school had offered this. I would have loved it :tongue:
Reply 9
Its long but worth it, readies you a level maths.
Reply 10
Original post by blueray
Its long but worth it, readies you a level maths.

Some of the C1 things are MUCH easier than the things taught in FSMQ!
Reply 11
Original post by Sapien

Original post by Sapien

And some are a lot harder? :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by blueray
And some are a lot harder? :wink:

Nope! Only the fundamentals of integration/differentiation, nothing in regard to calculating area of 'segments' under curve!

Seriously, if you have done FSMQ, you'll find C1 a breeze! You can quote me on that! Two of the main topics from C2 are also well covered by FSMQ!
Reply 13
Original post by Sapien

Original post by Sapien
Nope! Only the fundamentals of integration/differentiation, nothing in regard to calculating area of 'segments' under curve!

Seriously, if you have done FSMQ, you'll find C1 a breeze! You can quote me on that! Two of the main topics from C2 are also well covered by FSMQ!

Great so i'll make sure to do fsmq
Did Add maths on CCEA.
Well prepared for M1 and C1, we were.
Reply 15
Original post by Sapien

Original post by Sapien

Yeah, C1 is a step back from the FSMQ. Even parts of C2 are on par! In fact, it also contains M1, D1, and even M2 and S2!
Reply 16
i did that a year and a half ago, you're sorted for AS maths and a bit of A2 as well if you treat like a gcse and actually do some revision on it
I got an A in add maths, it's worth it - makes C1 a walk in the park.
I did Additional Maths last year and got an A :smile:

Was very happy with that, especially as I got a U in my mock.

I'm now doing Maths AS and I agree with what's already been said- Core 1 is literally revision of 3/4 of Add Maths, some more comes up in Core 2, some more in Stats and some more in Mechanics.

Our year went from September-March having no clue what we were being taught and freaking out about the exam, then in April/May everything just clicked. Just relax and make sure you do the work and do a bit of revision and you'll be fine.

Past Papers. Nothing like 'em. Trust me, past papers will get you the grade you want.
Reply 19
Original post by Oli-Ol

Original post by Oli-Ol
I did Additional Maths last year and got an A :smile:

Was very happy with that, especially as I got a U in my mock.

I'm now doing Maths AS and I agree with what's already been said- Core 1 is literally revision of 3/4 of Add Maths, some more comes up in Core 2, some more in Stats and some more in Mechanics.

Our year went from September-March having no clue what we were being taught and freaking out about the exam, then in April/May everything just clicked. Just relax and make sure you do the work and do a bit of revision and you'll be fine.

Past Papers. Nothing like 'em. Trust me, past papers will get you the grade you want.

I have to agree! I remember thinking I could walk my Additional Maths, came out with like 48%... :') Luckily, ended up with an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending