The Student Room Group

University of ulster ?

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else applied for the University of Ulster for Adult Nursing?
I only got my UCAS form in yesterday! And just before I submitted it a RED ARROW appeared beside the Coleraine campus and wouldn't let me apply :frown: I pressume it must be full by this stage?

I had wanted to apply for both Coleraine and Magee campuses so I submitted application for Magee anyway.

Has anyone else applied for the Magee campus and had any news or interviews yet?
University of Ulster is my main choice so I have every finger crossed :frown: xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It couldn't be full for considering applications?
P.S. from location Manchester to loction Coleraine/Magee.. are you mad?
Reply 2
Haha no honestly, it had a big red arrow and would'nt let me put it in for submission?
I was devastated !!!

What's wrong with Coleraine/Magee? Granted they're in a small town, I think it seems like a great place! haha xxx
Reply 3
Hey? I applied for adult nursing in both campus and ive recently recieved a letter sayin they are no longer offering nursing in coleraine! And u dont have to sit a test either it only physio and ot etc tht do the hptat test. Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by shampoo1
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else applied for the University of Ulster for Adult Nursing?
I only got my UCAS form in yesterday! And just before I submitted it a RED ARROW appeared beside the Coleraine campus and wouldn't let me apply :frown: I pressume it must be full by this stage?

I had wanted to apply for both Coleraine and Magee campuses so I submitted application for Magee anyway.

Has anyone else applied for the Magee campus and had any news or interviews yet?
University of Ulster is my main choice so I have every finger crossed :frown: xxx

Hey :smile: I'm applying to Magee for Adult Nursing too. I also wanted to apply for Coleraine but they are no longer having the course there. I had already applied for it and I got a letter saying that all future nursing students will be at Magee, I think they're merging everyone together now. I was annoyed :frown: I really liked Coleraine when I went to see it but oh well. At their information night they said they don't look at the applications until after the Jan 15th deadline and then the interviews are around the end of Feb/start of March. I hate waiting!
Reply 5
Aww no way !!!
That's crazy! To be honest, Magee was always my first choice :smile: But I am actually really shocked to hear that nursing wont be offered at Coleraine now!!
Does that mean there will be less places? Or is it the same amount but EVERYONE is in Magee now?

Haha God I wondered why the big red arrow appeared on my application form, I nearly died !! haha

Oh God guys GOODLUCK be great to see yous at interview if we're lucky :smile: xxx
Reply 6
I would think the places at UU are being cut overall as the main lecture theatre at Magee is already full with 150 adult and 50 mental health students. There are never any spare rooms either when the lecturers are looking them as it is.
Reply 7
Fingers crossed for an interview :smile: Ulster's my first choice too
Reply 8
2 and a half days a week in 1st year its handy enough although this sept is the start of the new programme but im sure it will be much the same:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by newguy30
2 and a half days a week in 1st year its handy enough although this sept is the start of the new programme but im sure it will be much the same:smile:

U study there already???
Do u love it? Tell us all, tips for an interview :wink:? xxx
Reply 10
Yes i was in Coleraine for 1st year and transferred to Magee am in 2nd year now. 3 exams next week quite hectic then into two six week placements peri-operative then community:smile:
Reply 11
Can barely remember interview to be honest think the think the 1st thing was tell me about yourself so sell yourself basically. possibly why do u want to be a nurse. do u know what all is involved in the course or maybe it was what areas you will be studying. and im pretty sure there was a question on teamwork like y is working in a team so important or how effectively would you work as part of a team. it was 6 questions including tell me about yourself.
Reply 12
You are a star :smile:
Thanks so much for the pointers! Fingers crossed the opportunity for interview will arise :biggrin: xxx
Hope you get in :smile:

I'm not doing Nursing but had to comment because my da is one of UU's lecturers for Nursing :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by That Bearded Man
Hope you get in :smile:

I'm not doing Nursing but had to comment because my da is one of UU's lecturers for Nursing :smile:

GO AWAY !!! I wish my da was :frown:
Thanks so much mate, I'll have to let you know if I'm lucky enough to land an interview!! xxx
Original post by shampoo1
GO AWAY !!! I wish my da was :frown:
Thanks so much mate, I'll have to let you know if I'm lucky enough to land an interview!! xxx

Please do, I'll keep my fingers crossed :biggrin:
Hey I have also applied to Magee for Adult! Very nerve wracking waiting! I applied last yr 2 but was unsuccessful! i WAS ON THE WAITING LIST BUT NEVER GOT THE CALL! Hopefully this yr will be different! Has any applied to Queens too?
hi guys :smile:
just joined this 2nite..ive applied to magee for both adult and mental health nursing too.:biggrin: was originally applying to coleraine but sense there not doing the nursing courses anymore it has 2 be magee.
cant wait 2 find out whether i get a interview or not:eek:
good luck 2 u all :smile:
Reply 18
Hi Guys, Hopefully we should start finding out soonish if we get interviews?
I AM SO SICK WITH NERVES!!!!!!! xxx
am guessin we should hear soon! i heard around this time last year! just so nail bitting! lol xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending