Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCL Biomedical Sciences Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    Once you have firmed and are ready to go, does anyone know whether UCL asks for proof of everything? I mean do they ask evidence for qualifications as well as everything in your personal statement such as work experience eg at a hospital etc. Because if this is the case then I am not sure how we are supposed to provide proof for all of our work experience and other achievements??
    Thank you for your help x x
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahnila4ever)
    Hey Guys,
    Once you have firmed and are ready to go, does anyone know whether UCL asks for proof of everything? I mean do they ask evidence for qualifications as well as everything in your personal statement such as work experience eg at a hospital etc. Because if this is the case then I am not sure how we are supposed to provide proof for all of our work experience and other achievements??
    Thank you for your help x x
    I think you only have to send in proof of your results. Depending on what exam board you are they might be automatically sent over to them, for example the IB. I don't think they need proof for work experience etc, but you should get a letter in the mail from UCL explaining all of this - they say that they will request, if needed, at a later date.

Hope that helps!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wavezone113)
    I think you only have to send in proof of your results. Depending on what exam board you are they might be automatically sent over to them, for example the IB. I don't think they need proof for work experience etc, but you should get a letter in the mail from UCL explaining all of this - they say that they will request, if needed, at a later date.

Hope that helps!
    Is this a letter that arrives after firming?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wavezone113)

Hope that helps!
    Yes it does!!
    Thank you very much and have a nice day!!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsorrymissjackson)
    Is this a letter that arrives after firming?
    Yup! I firmed and got the letter in the mail about a week after.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how's everybody holding up?
    Getting all nervous results come out soon!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got in with a medicine personal statement?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tan Theta)
    has anyone got in with a medicine personal statement?
    Yes.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    Yes.
    Do you reckon I should apply? my PS is not very academic, does it depend on the questionnaire?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tan Theta)
    Do you reckon I should apply? my PS is not very academic, does it depend on the questionnaire?
    It doesn't need to be academic. I'd say definitely give it a go.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What career options can you have with a 2:1 or 1st with biomed from kings/ucl?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying, i got A*AB at a-level which is just short of the requirement but they said they accept a retake outside the 2 years of college.

I was just wondering, is there anyone else who retook an exam (after 2 years of sixth form) and then got an offer?

Thanks
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lowkey101)
    I'm thinking of applying, i got A*AB at a-level which is just short of the requirement but they said they accept a retake outside the 2 years of college.

I was just wondering, is there anyone else who retook an exam (after 2 years of sixth form) and then got an offer?

Thanks
    Look on the medicine stalking page for last year, there are plently of people. And your grades are among the better ones for resitters (I only have ABB). Good luck.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    Look on the medicine stalking page for last year, there are plently of people. And your grades are among the better ones for resitters (I only have ABB). Good luck.
    Really? Okay i'll be sure to check that out then.

Thanks and good luck to you too

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: October 6, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.