The Student Room Group

Primary education interviews!

Hi,
I was just curious as to whether anyone has been offered an interview at the following universities yet -

Wolverhampton
Birmingham City
Worcester
Nottingham Trent

(For Primary Education Undergraduate of course)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annoymous-x
Hi,
I was just curious as to whether anyone has been offered an interview at the following universities yet -

Wolverhampton
Birmingham City
Worcester
Nottingham Trent

I have an interview at Wolverhampton on 9th Jan! :smile:
I had my interview at Birmingham City on the 7th Dec, but I know that wasn't the first date as it was originally scheduled for the 23rd Nov but I had to postpone it.
Reply 3
Original post by StudentTeacher1
I have an interview at Wolverhampton on 9th Jan! :smile:

Hi again!
Congrats & good luck :smile:
may I ask when they invited you to the interview?!
I haven't heard anything back, also did you get an acknowledgment email?! :/
Reply 4
Original post by thompsonic7
I had my interview at Birmingham City on the 7th Dec, but I know that wasn't the first date as it was originally scheduled for the 23rd Nov but I had to postpone it.

Hi :smile:
Have you heard back from them since the interview?! How did it go?!
Oh right, I sent off my application on the 8th but had to make a change to it so re'sent it on the 14th so it hasn't been that long but I know quiet a few unis send out invites and offers before the holidays ..
Reply 5

Sorry,
Can I also ask have you received your letter for interview from Sheffield Hallam (from the other thread) ..
On the letter they want to see my GCSE certificates with the minimum grades or an approved equivalent.
I mentioned on my application that I got a D in my Science and Maths GCSE and that I was re'taking it but there has been no communication about it.
So just thinking whether I should ring up about it?! :/
Sorry,
Can I also ask have you received your letter for interview from Sheffield Hallam (from the other thread) ..
On the letter they want to see my GCSE certificates with the minimum grades or an approved equivalent.
I mentioned on my application that I got a D in my Science and Maths GCSE and that I was re'taking it but there has been no communication about it.
So just thinking whether I should ring up about it?! :/

Yeah I got all my letters and stuff (but I've since withdrawn from there as I honestly couldn't be bothered to attend an interview for a university that would never be my firm/insurance).
At all the interviews I've been to so far, someone checks you have C's and above in each and marks it down on a piece of paper, so I'm guessing you just explain to that person you are retaking and they'll write it down?
Reply 7
Yeah I got all my letters and stuff (but I've since withdrawn from there as I honestly couldn't be bothered to attend an interview for a university that would never be my firm/insurance).
At all the interviews I've been to so far, someone checks you have C's and above in each and marks it down on a piece of paper, so I'm guessing you just explain to that person you are retaking and they'll write it down?

Ahh!
I was thinking of doing the same for Nottingham Trent, it's not a university I ever want to study at but I put it down more so to fill up the last choice.
If i'm fortunate to get an interview at Birmingham City is it okay if I message you just to see how yours was and what kind of things they ask?! there's no point me asking now if I don't even know i'll get an interview.

Oh right,
Yeah that seems to be the better idea, i'm guessing they know I don't have the grades at the moment considering it was mentioned on both my ucas & personal statement.
Ahh!
I was thinking of doing the same for Nottingham Trent, it's not a university I ever want to study at but I put it down more so to fill up the last choice.
If i'm fortunate to get an interview at Birmingham City is it okay if I message you just to see how yours was and what kind of things they ask?! there's no point me asking now if I don't even know i'll get an interview.

Oh right,
Yeah that seems to be the better idea, i'm guessing they know I don't have the grades at the moment considering it was mentioned on both my ucas & personal statement.

Yeah that's fine :smile:
Hi again!
Congrats & good luck :smile:
may I ask when they invited you to the interview?!
I haven't heard anything back, also did you get an acknowledgment email?! :/

Erm they sent me an email saying I needed to update their system with my placement experience, my religion and that and then about 4/5 weeks ago they invited me for interview. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Hi, I have an interview at Wolverhampton for PGCE Primary on the 11th Jan x
Reply 11
Original post by StudentTeacher1
Erm they sent me an email saying I needed to update their system with my placement experience, my religion and that and then about 4/5 weeks ago they invited me for interview. :biggrin:

Worcester said the same thing to me! that if I don't mention the amount of experience it will delay my application.
I think i'm going to email them after my sheffield interview and just explain everything properly :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by KatCox
Hi, I have an interview at Wolverhampton for PGCE Primary on the 11th Jan x

Awww congrats :smile:
Can I ask when they let you know about it?! I've applied for undergraduate Primary Education :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah that's fine :smile:

Thankyou!! :smile:
Reply 14
Awww congrats :smile:
Can I ask when they let you know about it?! I've applied for undergraduate Primary Education :smile:

7th December, but I applied in October and after my friend was rejected a month before they let me know I thought I best get onto them about it as it's getting a bit late now....:s-smilie:
Reply 15
But mine is for a PGCE x
Reply 16
Original post by KatCox
7th December, but I applied in October and after my friend was rejected a month before they let me know I thought I best get onto them about it as it's getting a bit late now....:s-smilie:

My application wasn't sent off until the 8th December and then I changed my course from Early Primary Education to Primary Education on the 14th December &; received an invite to interview email from Sheffield Hallam on the 19th.
I don't think the universities work through Christmas and they have set dates to send out interview emails etc so I was going to wait until atleast the 20th January before I send them all an email. :/
Reply 17

Hi,

Wolverhampton
Birmingham City
Worcester
Nottingham Trent

I sent my ucas of in middle of october and have had interviews and offers at worcester, bcu and wolverhampton! Good luck
Reply 18
Hello, I have a interview at Birmingham City for Primary Education in a couple of weeks, any tips? Thanks!
Original post by Kayla94
Hello, I have a interview at Birmingham City for Primary Education in a couple of weeks, any tips? Thanks!

Just be polite and friendly- plenty of eye contact, smile while you're talking etc.
There's no exact science or foolproof way to do it right, you just have to show them you'd make a good teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest