The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Prosthetics and Orthotics 2012

Hi! Has anyone else applied for P&O yet? I applied in November but I haven't heard anything yet, although from my understanding the admissions officer has said he doesn't send out offers until the end of January.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey Van here and I'm studying P&O at Salford this Sept as a 1st year.
So are you going to Salford? :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Yes I got an offer :smile: really looking forward to it - how about you?
Reply 3
Hey, I'm starting P&O this Sept. Does anyone know how busy we're gonna be? I mean anything about the lectures schedule, etc..?

Cause i live in Sheffield at the moment, dont know which would be better, to commute every day, or to rent a room there...:rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by meskute4
Hey, I'm starting P&O this Sept. Does anyone know how busy we're gonna be? I mean anything about the lectures schedule, etc..?

Cause i live in Sheffield at the moment, dont know which would be better, to commute every day, or to rent a room there...:rolleyes:

heyy also going to p and o in sep:smile: i got ahold of the first year timetable for like this year ( so 2011 to 2012) and the have two half days and a nine 30 start most days ( i think 4 days and ones a nine) cant remember the exact times each day, will see if i can dig it oot when i get home.

Seems like the course is gonna be full of girls, no hot prosthetics guys out there?...
Reply 5
Original post by AmyRutherford
Yes I got an offer :smile: really looking forward to it - how about you?

Yeah I'm pumped and ready to go! But it'll probably be kinda weird for a while, leaving home and settling in...
Reply 6
Original post by meskute4

On the website it mentions 25 contact hours a week - but a logic that is supposed to be clinical or practical.

I live near Burnley and I will be commuting in every day
Reply 7
I'm also starting P&O at Salford in September and went to look round yesterday, Joe (the tutor) said it would be around 30 hours of contact time a week! Really looking forward to it though :biggrin:
Reply 8
Joe is a great guy! Legenddotcom :smile: What did everyone else apply for, other than P&0?
Reply 9
I only applied for this course so I'm hoping I get the results I need
Reply 10
If anyone wants to add me on Facebook it's http://www.facebook.com/amyrutherford

:smile: can't wait to start!!!
Reply 11
Hiya
Im starting p&o this September as a 1st year, so I hope to see you there :smile:
Reply 12
Yay! More p&o students! If you want to add me on Facebook my link is above xxxx
I'm starting this year as well! Dead excited, especially with the paralympic hype and shizz :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hello all, My name is George :smile:
I've got my place for prosthetics and orthotics and I'm starting with freshers week on the 10th. So if you want to chat or whatever, it would be great to make some friends before i go :P

One question, why did you all pick this course? :P
Reply 15
Original post by Badger65
I'm also starting P&O at Salford in September and went to look round yesterday, Joe (the tutor) said it would be around 30 hours of contact time a week! Really looking forward to it though :biggrin:

Joe told me closer to 35 :confused: Maybe it depends on certain situations?

The way he made it sound, 17 hours of clinical work and 17 hours of workshop
Should be great fun though :P
Reply 16
Cant wait to meet everyone. Think last year the first years had two half days monday and wednesday, two days half 9 to 4 and one day 9 to 5 or something like that. Should be great, just ordered my uniforms, hope they come on time haha.

If anyone wants to add/chat to me on facebook just search for edna duthart and im like the only one there :smile:
Reply 17
Does anybody have the reading list yet or know where to find it?
Reply 18
http://lasu.salford.ac.uk/displaylist/HL/2013/U

Its pretty vague though, its for the whole of the life sciences department, dont know what books are specifically for p and o or how to filter it.
Reply 19
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending