The Student Room Group

Living in a sexless relationship, what to do?

Scroll to see replies

Ok, so let me get this straight. You two don't have a regular and active sex life due to complications in her life before you got together. You treat her well and do the typical love-type relationship stuff with her (taking her out, watch films on sofa cuddle etc). You take her past bad experiences into consideration, are sensitive to her feelings about it, and don't pressure her into anything despite the fact that after 1 1/2 years you're still only having sex occasionally. She wants you to initiate sex but when you do so 'at the wrong time' she gets annoyed.
Explain to her that whilst you care for her and want to work things out, you're finding it difficult to know what to do because she's not letting you know. The fact that she's not into sex and doesn't 'want you' sexually when you do see her isn't a good sign. If anything she should want you more after a long-ish period of time away from each-other. You need to clear the air with her because if something doesn't change, and soon, your LDR relationship with her could end.
Hope things work out but please talk to her
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by SweetsAndSugar
Ok, so let me get this straight. You two don't have a regular and active sex life due to complications in her life before you got together. You treat her well and do the typical love-type relationship stuff with her (taking her out, watch films on sofa cuddle etc). You take her past bad experiences into consideration, are sensitive to her feelings about it, and don't pressure her into anything despite the fact that after 1 1/2 years you're still only having sex occasionally. She wants you to initiate sex but when you do so 'at the wrong time' she gets annoyed.
Explain to her that whilst you care for her and want to work things out, you're finding it difficult to know what to do because she's not letting you know. The fact that she's not into sex and doesn't 'want you' sexually when you do see her isn't a good sign. If anything she should want you more after a long-ish period of time away from each-other. You need to clear the air with her because if something doesn't change, and soon, your LDR relationship with her could end.
Hope things work out but please talk to her

We talked about things and she does say she's going to try and make more effort in the sex department and consider the alternatives more. She does make the point that, whilst sex doesn't hurt as much anymore, it still does hurt which puts her off it. Whilst she says she'd like us to have sex more it's not really physically possible to do it as much as I want.

I still do want more sex in our relationship and I am skeptical that things will change that much in the future regardless of what she's said (as obvously her sex drive is going to determine if she'll be up for anything alternative to actual sex). I do love her and don't exactly want to break up with her over this, especially as she can't exactly help the whole pain thing, but I do want her to at least try to satisfy in other ways.

For now we're going to try and see how things go, see if things are going to change, but it's very much dependent on her... Obviously if things don't progress, I guess the passion really is lost in the relationship...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending