The Student Room Group

How to kiss

This sounds really stupid, but I just got into my first relationship and I'm so hesitant to have my first kiss.

The first time I was going to attempt it, was when we kept staring into eachothers eyes XD and I leaned in, but hesitated and then ended up doing cheek to cheek.

WHAT DO I DO?

HOW DO I KISS? XD

Kinda embarrassing.

Thank youuuu.
Reply 1
you'll know when you do it.
just have the confidence to go on ahead, and instinct will help you. avoid going too overboard with tongue, and if it's his first time as well he can't really judge if it's not great
I really don't agree with the whole farce that 'you'll know when the time comes' etc. I've kissed my boyfriend a few times and I still don't know what the **** I'm doing. I'm probably doing something wrong actually, because I get the vibes from him that he hates my lousy attempts at doing god knows what.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
I was on the bus with my boyfriend after our first date and he went in for a kiss but then hesitated. I found this really funny and when I mentioned it he said 'i thought you would of ducked' that was so adorable but now what I think you should do is, gently grab her by the chin turn her head and peck her, if she likes it, go in for a snog.. simple :smile: avoid being awkward. Sorry for the irrelevance at the beginning..
You're 'in a relationship' with him, yet haven't kissed yet. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
I think you sort of stick your tongue in each others mouth. Sounds kind of gross, eh?
Reply 6
Original post by Sophie_girl

It's only been a week and i'm too shy.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

I really don't agree with the whole farce that 'you'll know when the time comes' etc. I've kissed my boyfriend a few times and I still don't know what the **** I'm doing. I'm probably doing something wrong actually, because I get the vibes from him that he hates my lousy attempts at doing god knows what.

Aww, haha. Well, I'm a girl and I would like him to give it a go, 'cause it seems like he's more shy than me. :P
Reply 8

SO what? I started kissing my ex after a week of going out.

Normally what I do for fist kisses with new ppl is push her very close to me then look into her eyes. then we touch cheecks and then eventually i move my face and go for the kiss - there's no room for error here lol
Reply 9
Just go for it don't spend too much time trying to plan it.
Reply 10
This sounds really stupid, but I just got into my first relationship and I'm so hesitant to have my first kiss.

The first time I was going to attempt it, was when we kept staring into eachothers eyes XD and I leaned in, but hesitated and then ended up doing cheek to cheek.

WHAT DO I DO?

HOW DO I KISS? XD

Kinda embarrassing.

Thank youuuu.

are your initials FI?
Reply 11
Don't go fast, nothing more awkward than banging teeth, personal exp -_-
Reply 12
Just go slowly, make contact with lips; the rest should be pretty simple. It's very daunting, OP -- I sympathise -- but you oughtn't worry about it.
Reply 13
Original post by trapzbrah

Original post by trapzbrah
are your initials FI?

Nope.
Kind of just don't worry about it and be confident.
It'll be different with every guy you kiss, I've never had two the same and I've kissed about 10 guys
Avoid lots of saliva
Don't just shove your tongue down their throat too much...from experience it's not pleasant when you literally can't move your tongue...
Don't be afraid to pull away when you've had enough - I can't remember a guy ever pulling away from me so when it feels like it's been going on for ages I pull away myself
If it's a bit of a rough kiss swapping the way your heads are tilted can be quite cute and will feel natural if there's a bit of momentum
Don't bite his tongue...I've never done it myself but it was a bit weird when I had it done to me (I assume guys would find the same)
If it's your first kiss and his first it might not be great to begin with, but trust me it gets better - the best kiss I've had is with a guy who (I think) is about 8 years older than me...
Reply 15

Kind of just don't worry about it and be confident.
It'll be different with every guy you kiss, I've never had two the same and I've kissed about 10 guys
Avoid lots of saliva
Don't just shove your tongue down their throat too much...from experience it's not pleasant when you literally can't move your tongue...
Don't be afraid to pull away when you've had enough - I can't remember a guy ever pulling away from me so when it feels like it's been going on for ages I pull away myself
If it's a bit of a rough kiss swapping the way your heads are tilted can be quite cute and will feel natural if there's a bit of momentum
Don't bite his tongue...I've never done it myself but it was a bit weird when I had it done to me (I assume guys would find the same)
If it's your first kiss and his first it might not be great to begin with, but trust me it gets better - the best kiss I've had is with a guy who (I think) is about 8 years older than me...

I love you, thanks :colondollar:
Trust me i was kindof worried about my first kiss too...when i went on this date...it was my first sobre kiss and i really didn't think i'd do it.

Yet for one moment there I just thought **** it and did it , though i knew this girl i was with was loads more experienced than me (even though i didn't say anything) but she didn't seem to mind one bit ...probably one of the only times in my life i didn't give a **** about anything and just did anything with no inhibitions holding me back ..and didn't regret it one bit.

(well i do now but that's a long story though it was the day when i realised i actually could be liked by girls,though not for very long :/)
Reply 17
Don't try carve out the inside of her mouth with your tongue. This isn't really something anyone can give advice with. Just follow her lead if you're that worried about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending