Movies:https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/ddarrentt/
    You've watched 80 films so far this year? :eek:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/kiss_me_now9/ Movies
    http://followmy.tv/u/kissmenow9 TV shows :yy:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    SO how much are people getting through per day?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    You've watched 80 films so far this year? :eek:
    No, i'm going to add all the films i've watched in my life time.

In a Week in going to start adding Films for 2012. That way i can do both, hmm perhaps i should just make a second profile :P
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DdotT)
    No, i'm going to add all the films i've watched in my life time.

In a Week in going to start adding Films for 2012. That way i can do both, hmm perhaps i should just make a second profile :P
    That might make it easier... just for the experiment anyway. I wish I had kept a record of all the films I've seen in my lifetime as I've seen so many. I use to have almost 600 dvds before I sold them all last year
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That might make it easier... just for the experiment anyway. I wish I had kept a record of all the films I've seen in my lifetime as I've seen so many. I use to have almost 600 dvds before I sold them all last year
    Yeah have done a second one and edited the original profile link :P

Well the besting thing to do would be to just go through the list , all 8000+ pages :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't going to do this but as I've already seen as many films this year as I did last, perhaps it might be fun

http://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/colbert/
    http://followmy.tv/u/Colbert/friends

Was going to try and work out all the **** I watch on E4 and More4 (too many Big Bang Theory, Come Dine With Me, Grand Designs and Relocation, Relocation :facepalm2:) so probably better to only count things I mean to watch.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    Time for a week 2 update I think.

Films
    I've seen 6 films this week. Started with War Horse at the cinema, one of the best new releases I've seen in ages and a film I absolutely loved. I then finished off the Dollars trilogy with The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - I'd say it's my favourite of the series, and it's certainly the grandest in scale, but you certainly feel the passing of time in it. It's a slog alright. Watched Limitless and Layer Cake again; all my previous feelings about how vacuous a film Limitless is still hold true, and I found it really quite boring. Layer Cake, on the other hand, went up in further in my estimations with the realisation that Tom Hardy has a minor role in it that I'd never noticed before. I saw Red State for the first time, which is absolutely ****ing nuts - imagine the Westboro Baptist Church with guns and gay hostages taking on SWAT and you're halfway to the plot of that film. It's not very polished, and it's message certainly seems confused in places, but I really enjoyed it. Finally I watched Rocky, and I'm sure I don't need to sing that film's praises to anyone.

TV
    Aside from an episode of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, the only thing I've watched this week has been Parks And Recreation, which I quickly got sucked into and blew through the first series. I love sitcoms like it and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Books
    Finished off my first of the year, The Prestige by Christopher Priest. Reading the book has only increased my appreciation of the film. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the book - it expands in some really interesting areas (including the modern day) and reading the various diaries in their different styles is fantastic - but the story is so much tighter and honed for the film, whereas the book definitely loses its way in places. The narrative that they got out of it, which stays true to the concepts of the book but cuts out so much fat and knits together different strands is fantastic. I also felt that the big reveals were a lot less dramatic in the novel than the film (one is even flat out suggested not halfway through), although that might have been because I knew of them already and so knew what to look for. Really good read though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't really know what to try next, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears (my only request is for books that are fairly easy to read as opposed to being really dense with facts and descriptions)!

Music
    I've now got 392 plays with 216 plays this week, my only stat that's gone up this time. My most listened to artists this week are Green Day, Kanye West, Coldplay, Rihanna, The Who, Razorlight and Beyonce, which is just an odd selection as ever. :p:

(Original post by LonelySoul193)
    Agh people like that drive me mental generally! The ones that just have to make sure everyone is aware of what is theirs :rolleyes: It's like the Apprentice but constant and not just for a few weeks each year *sigh*
    Bit of a cheeky trick: to tweak a couple names and all
    It's more a problem of the system rather than individual people doing it. It's really difficult to prove that you came up with the idea for a scene or the main motivation of a character, but far easier to show which script had the first name of who in it. I can't say I blame anyone when it's their paychecks on the line, I just wished there was a fairer and more representative way of doing it than the current one where the screenwriters guild set up a panel of 3 random people to arbitrate based on a little pile of evidence.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Too late to join?
    Certainly not, I've added you, DdotT and Hipster to the OP now.

(Original post by Colbert)
    Wasn't going to do this but as I've already seen as many films this year as I did last, perhaps it might be fun
    We're honoured you've graced us with your presence. :p:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    We're honoured you've graced us with your presence. :p:
    :hat2:

Never used LastFm.com before but tempted to give it a go. Downloading the new version of MediaMonkey and will get a link up

About time you got into Parks and Rec, probably just in time to see it cancelled :facepalm2:
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:

Never used LastFm.com before but tempted to give it a go. Downloading the new version of MediaMonkey and will get a link up

About time you got into Parks and Rec, probably just in time to see it cancelled :facepalm2:
    In this day and age a sitcom's not good unless it gets cancelled tbh. Arrested Development and Better off Ted are testaments to that. Although if NBC cancels Community I will lose my ****. Six seasons and a movie goddammit!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's more a problem of the system rather than individual people doing it. It's really difficult to prove that you came up with the idea for a scene or the main motivation of a character, but far easier to show which script had the first name of who in it. I can't say I blame anyone when it's their paychecks on the line, I just wished there was a fairer and more representative way of doing it than the current one where the screenwriters guild set up a panel of 3 random people to arbitrate based on a little pile of evidence.
    Oh yeah, definitely. It's frustrating that people are forced to act like egoist ***** in such situations. There is far too much official methodology that promotes either egoism or simply fails to achieve accurate representation. (well, that wording was simply awful... :rolleyes: )

I've almost finished my third book of the year The Road by Cormac McCarthy is such a fantastic read and beautifully written. The film is brilliant too if anyone is interested although it's one of those films that always makes me cry I'll probably watch that next... that'll be the 30th film I've seen this year
    The Road is on my, huge, to-read list. I've promised myself not to watch the movie before reading the book: I've always preferred to do so with adaptations
    • 21 followers

ffs
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    My update

Music

509 plays but still counting as still listening now. Top four artists are Howard Shore, Take That, The Corrs and London Oratory School Schola (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King).

Top 4 tracks have all been from Lord of the Rings with 5/4/3/3 plays which isn't surprising as I work best to more classical music.

Books

Well considering I left Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes at home I haven't advanced any further in it. Do plan on making a start on Return of Sherlock Holmes soon though.

Films

N/A.

TV
    Well as well as watching all the Big Bang Theory episodes that are on 4od, I have watched Sherlock, the Arsenal-Leeds football game and 3 of the 6 episodes of Rome Wasn't Built in a DAy on 4od. Just need to watch the last one now as the other two I had seen over Christmas.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    ffs
    What do I owe this pleasure?

LastFM is nonsense, cannot get it to link with my media player. Whatever this scrobbling disaster is ffs I want to share with the world my outstanding taste in music ffs :rock:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Nineteen Eighty-Four Quite liked it, although the story is in some way a bit frightening

Hope I can find Effi Briest by Theodor Fontane in the library tomorrow, it's a book I've been wanting to read for a long time.

As for my other progress, I only watched one film on Friday evening (The Breakfast Club). I reckon I might just as well give up the TV shows, I don't watch any TV at all, it seems :lol:
    • 35 followers

I've watched ten (new) films so far and about 19 hours of tv. Halfway through my second book but I was in Poland all week so couldn't read much, which will hopefully change now. All in all, I'm quite pleased with my progress so far.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the last week:

- I've Finished Pete Dexter's 'Deadwood' and started reading DBC Pierre's 'Vernon Godlittle'
    - Watched all four series of The IT Crowd
    - Last night I watched The Godfather for the first time. One of those movies that you always want to get round to seeing but never had time.

So, productive week culturally!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys find time to get so much in?!

I've read 250 pages of a book, which is more than i normally read in January. My list of to read books keeps getting longer and longer, so I'll need to pick up the pace a bit if I want to get through them all.

I borrowed a DVD at the weekend, only to discover that my DVD player doesn't work, so I think I may abandon the movie challenge. Did watch my first cinema film of the year, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I really enjoyed it, but prefer the book.

Listened to about 1000 songs, or rather heard songs 1000 times (I'm unsure how many unique songs it is, there's lots with 1 play in position 197 on my chart) either way, I guess is rather a lot.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You sir have excellent taste in music.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Slowly but surely getting through War and Peace. I think I'm up to 420 pages now so I'm happy with my progress so far.

On the other hand, I haven't listened to as much music as I would have liked. I've got nearly 130 plays but some people on here have over 1000 plays already! :eek:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 21, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.