The Student Room Group

Uni. of Leeds Dental Applicants 2012 (Interviews, Offers and Rejections Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by *QueenBeee
Hey pal! (once again lol) It's traditional, i think 3 ppl on the panel if i remember correctly, 1 dental admission tutor, 1 lecturer, 1 student....they have a pre-determined set of qu's for all candidates! They r big on some certain things, pm me if you like! xx

ahh sorry i didnt check my notifications!! thanks for the info :smile: xx
Reply 41
Original post by mikechg
ahh sorry i didnt check my notifications!! thanks for the info :smile: xx

There is information on interviews in the following document. Shame on you Mikey lol.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/dental/newldi/prospective_students/mchd/newProspectus/MEDH%20Dentistry%20MChD%20Admissions%20Policy%202012-13.pdf
Reply 42
Original post by shahab2000
Just got an interview as well, for the 7th of feb, so looking forward to it. Btw my stats are:
1 week GDP
1 week cosmetic
6 months befriending elderly people
1 month working with disabled children
2 days Cardiology
20 week hospital placement (continuing)
1 week hospital placement shadowing a consultant
Play football, badminton
Useless at piano also :wink:

Hey, did u receive email/letter and who was it by?
Reply 43

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Jenniferann232
I hope birmingham are still interviewing :smile: apparently they interview until the end of feb? :s-smilie: not sure though x

What do you think? Do you think we still have a chance? B'ham was my first choice and then Leeds :frown: Obviously I'm happy with Leeds, but I really wanted Birmingham. How is the rest of your application going :smile: x
Interview 1st Feb, anyone else got one on this day?
Reply 46
Original post by o.k
hey ppl :smile:

got a leeds dental interview for 6th feb...got any tips? what topics should i read over? im bricking it...had a newcastle interview but reaaallllyyy messed it up and got a rejection the day after :frown:

any help would be appreciated :smile: x

buy this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1844553892/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=085660545X&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0D8B6JM43P7QPRR9QWYS
Original post by MissRiah12345
What do you think? Do you think we still have a chance? B'ham was my first choice and then Leeds :frown: Obviously I'm happy with Leeds, but I really wanted Birmingham. How is the rest of your application going :smile: x

I hope so, i really liked Birmingham too, but after lots of thought, I think i prefer leeds (althugh Birmingham was lovely, loved the area and dept!). I'm personally not going to hope for too mcuh though so if I get a rejection, that way I will be less upset. :smile:
Original post by turkish-delight

I do! what time is yours?

I have to leave my house at about half 4 in the morning for mine at mine's at 9:50 and I live near London (well, I say near, it's really not) :L
Reply 49
Original post by turkish-delight

Hi turkish delight.....i can't seem to private message you....:confused:
I hope so, i really liked Birmingham too, but after lots of thought, I think i prefer leeds (althugh Birmingham was lovely, loved the area and dept!). I'm personally not going to hope for too mcuh though so if I get a rejection, that way I will be less upset. :smile:

Did you hear back from Birmingham? They've been giving out another set of interviews :smile:
Did you hear back from Birmingham? They've been giving out another set of interviews :smile:

is it by letter or email??
How could they reject an applicant with 3 predicted A*? ..I am a resit student got AAC first time around
Reply 53
Original post by o.k
hey ppl :smile:

got a leeds dental interview for 6th feb...got any tips? what topics should i read over? im bricking it...had a newcastle interview but reaaallllyyy messed it up and got a rejection the day after :frown:

any help would be appreciated :smile: x

Hey! I have my interview tomorrow too! At 9.50, wbu? :smile: what's your name and I'll look out for you! :') x
is it by letter or email??

by letter :smile: did you get it too?
by letter :smile: did you get it too?

No :'( x
Reply 56
how and when does leeds let you know of offers/rejections? :s x
Original post by o.k
how and when does leeds let you know of offers/rejections? :s x

March I think
Reply 58