The Student Room Group

TSR Kurdish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coconut2456
We'll take our private jet to Diyarbakr...then take a donkey for the rest of the way. We should arrive in Kurdistan by next year :danceboy:

kl beans.....I'm assuming your donkey has wifi and GPS then if you are travelling back there and can still post on TSR :wink:
Original post by Medicina

TSR Kurdish Society

Couldn't find one and although we are part of Iraq, I reckon we should still have our own society :rolleyes:

Join the society by following the link below... :wink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1771

(Btw excuse the photo, I can't seem to save photos of google) :colondollar:

kurdish people aint a problem they just dont have there own contry i feel sorry but in a way they should ask polietly rather than barge and say it but you have your rights.and each trodition should have there country any way Xuda li gel.
;
Original post by ibs137

Original post by ibs137
yeh i'm turkish but i aint got beef with kurds so its ok, my best friend in Turkey used to be kurdish enit

:wink:
Original post by Nurse-wanna-BE
kurdish people aint a problem they just dont have there own contry i feel sorry but in a way they should ask polietly rather than barge and say it but you have your rights.and each trodition should have there country any way Xuda li gel.

:lolwut:
Reply 264
;

:wink:

:curious:
Reply 265

Right... thanks for your sympathy, it was needed.
Original post by infernalcradle
kl beans.....I'm assuming your donkey has wifi and GPS then if you are travelling back there and can still post on TSR :wink:

lol wifi, that's so 2011, my donkey has a fibre optic connection :cool:

Could we pretty please with a cherry on top have our own country? :borat:
That polite enough for you? :eyeball:
(edited 12 years ago)
lol wifi, that's so 2011, my donkey has a fibre optic connection :cool:

how does that work though if your donkey is constantly moving????
Original post by infernalcradle
how does that work though if your donkey is constantly moving????

Just use an impossibly long cable
Reply 270
Keep this alive heval
yo yo yo wats up my kurds i just stumbled upon this wats good peps :biggrin:
slaw
Reply 273
Original post by kurdishboy94
yo yo yo wats up my kurds i just stumbled upon this wats good peps :biggrin:

Completely irrelevant :colondollar: but have you heard from Bradford? :confused:
Completely irrelevant :colondollar: but have you heard from Bradford? :confused:

na thats k, hi, nope i might just get a rejection becuz i have only 4 weeks of medicine replies left so its one or the other. have you got anything?
Reply 275
Original post by kurdishboy94
na thats k, hi, nope i might just get a rejection becuz i have only 4 weeks of medicine replies left so its one or the other. have you got anything?

Talking of which....I just got a email and I've been rejected... :frown:

I'm so furious! I've been waiting for 3 months for this and the decision is rejection :angry::angry::angry:

What I don't get is... I meet the requirements, I have work experience, they know they are my first and only choice as I mentioned this in the PS yet after 3 months of waiting...I get rejected today :confused::confused:

I don't even know now...I feel absolutely worthless...don't even have the strength to go down and tell my parents
Reply 276
Original post by barzy_j
stay strong for the mighty Kurds, good things come to those who wait, but why have you applied to only one University?

I'm sleep deprived (literally) and feel on the edge of breaking down :eek: how can I stay strong???

Because I only have 2.5 A levels so had to apply for something that used the UCAS point system...

I don't even have any options left... I was wondering whether a university in Iraq might have me? But then again, it would have to be taught in English :colondollar:
I'm sleep deprived (literally) and feel on the edge of breaking down :eek: how can I stay strong???

Because I only have 2.5 A levels so had to apply for something that used the UCAS point system...

I don't even have any options left... I was wondering whether a university in Iraq might have me? But then again, it would have to be taught in English :colondollar:

try doing a course through open university such as a 30 credit course or 60 that should bring it up for you :smile:
im studying law through open university because got a little boy and working full time
Worth a try doing 30 credit course 6 months then you should be able to get in

It's not the end of the world. You can always take a gap year then apply to Bradford again, but have you checked with the other unis running foundation courses if they will accept your 2.5 A levels? Another option could be doing an extra A level during your gap year and phoning the med schools up to see if they will be lenient, I heard BSMS are a pretty good choice when it comes to those options, though even then chances are slim I guess.

Have you considered doing another degree that you're interested in then applying for graduate entry medicine? It will make the road slightly longer but if you go for graduate entry medicine then you will have an advantage over your peers slightly and you won't have a reason to do the intercalated degree which many students will be doing.
Reply 279
It's not the end of the world. You can always take a gap year then apply to Bradford again, but have you checked with the other unis running foundation courses if they will accept your 2.5 A levels? Another option could be doing an extra A level during your gap year and phoning the med schools up to see if they will be lenient, I heard BSMS are a pretty good choice when it comes to those options, though even then chances are slim I guess.

Have you considered doing another degree that you're interested in then applying for graduate entry medicine? It will make the road slightly longer but if you go for graduate entry medicine then you will have an advantage over your peers slightly and you won't have a reason to do the intercalated degree which many students will be doing.

I've emailed them 3 times asking for a feedback but they haven't replied back - and this was last week

I understand what your saying but with tuition fees and living costs, it's just going to be so much...

I applied for Aeronautical Engineering through Extra and have a offer but to be honest I don't really want to do that...

And for all the access courses for Medicine - you have to be 19... Being only 17, I will need to take a year out and apply next year. I was thinking of doing a one year pharmacy apprenticeship next year, not sure if it's a good idea though :s-smilie: but this route would be 2 years and cheaper as you only have to pay £1750 upfront for the access course

Quick Reply

Latest