TSR Kurdish Society

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicina)
    Awwwww

Thank God for me it's only like that the first day and the day before we leave, I never kiss back. I just hug and stand...
    haha, I could never do that.....

I always hug back.....

and then if I like the person, I'll go for a kiss :sexface:

otherwise I'll just pretend
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    haha, I could never do that.....

I always hug back.....

and then if I like the person, I'll go for a kiss :sexface:

otherwise I'll just pretend
    Haha! Nice
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abir Ishtiaq)
    Yeah sounds like a good enough answer, but I don't think a few other points have been mentioned, but now I generally understand why Kurds want their own nation
    Aha yeah

I guess we all have our own opinions. Those 3 are my reasons
    • 60 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello from the TSR Iranian Society :wavey:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Hello from the TSR Iranian Society :wavey:
    Why hello! :five:
    • 60 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why hello! :five:
    Hello!

Can I ask why I was negged?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Can I ask why I was negged?
    I'm so sorry!

Having a touchscreen tablet doesn't help, I was supposed to click 'quote' but...
    • 60 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry!

Having a touchscreen tablet doesn't help, I was supposed to click 'quote' but...
    Understood I was just curious, I was wondering if you were secretly offended by non-threatening greetings
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Understood I was just curious, I was wondering if you were secretly offended by non-threatening greetings
    Haha! Nope

I just have big thumbs I guess :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! A kurd from Koya here

Good to see there's a Kurd Soc here, definitely needed one!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coconut2456)
    Hello! A kurd from Koya here

Good to see there's a Kurd Soc here, definitely needed one!
    Hi!

Indeed :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time you guys went back? Also, can you guys read/write in kurdish?

Na, all kurds are friendly and to demonstrate that have some rep
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    When was the last time you guys went back? Also, can you guys read/write in kurdish?
    2010, for 3 full months :eek:

Unfortunately, I can't

How about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2010, for 3 full months :eek:

Unfortunately, I can't

How about you?
    oh wow, I used to go back there every summer but haven't been back in 6 years! Will probably go back this year though

From a young age my parents sent me to a saturday school to improve my kurdish so I can read and write to a certain extent but I am terribly slow lol. Bit worried that after not having been back for so long that my kurdish has gotten so bad that my family will barely be able to understand me
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh wow, I used to go back there every summer but haven't been back in 6 years! Will probably go back this year though

From a young age my parents sent me to a saturday school to improve my kurdish so I can read and write to a certain extent but I am terribly slow lol. Bit worried that after not having been back for so long that my kurdish has gotten so bad that my family will barely be able to understand me
    That's long! When we went back this year, it was my dads first time in 14 years...

Oh wow! That's great, I remember my parents sending me to something similar but tbh all I could write and read was 'dar' (tree) after 5 months so I stopped going I hated it anyway, teacher was horrible! I'm sure you'll be fine, I can talk fine but have a bit of a accent so people can guess straight away that its not my only language. My cousin described my kurdish as 'kurdish but with a walking stick' whatever that meant...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's long! When we went back this year, it was my dads first time in 14 years...

Oh wow! That's great, I remember my parents sending me to something similar but tbh all I could write and read was 'dar' (tree) after 5 months so I stopped going I hated it anyway, teacher was horrible! I'm sure you'll be fine, I can talk fine but have a bit of a accent so people can guess straight away that its not my only language. My cousin described my kurdish as 'kurdish but with a walking stick' whatever that meant...
    ah yes, I assume you got that kurdish book too? Dara doo dara dee (Dara saw two trees), classic. Yeah I get that too, my parents always say that I speak kurdish with an english accent and I always forget certain words so have to say it in english.

It's funny when some of my family try to speak english though, they always seem to mention something about a guy called Zakey who lost his keys on the street, apparently it's how they were taught it back in the day, don't know if you get that.

Besides the kurdish stuff, what are you studying at the moment? If you don't mind me asking ofc
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah yes, I assume you got that kurdish book too? Dara doo dara dee (Dara saw two trees), classic. Yeah I get that too, my parents always say that I speak kurdish with an english accent and I always forget certain words so have to say it in english.

It's funny when some of my family try to speak english though, they always seem to mention something about a guy called Zakey who lost his keys on the street, apparently it's how they were taught it back in the day, don't know if you get that.

Besides the kurdish stuff, what are you studying at the moment? If you don't mind me asking ofc
    Haha yeah, I don't have just one but 3 copies plus a pocket sized one too

Zakey? Never heard that one before. I know right! So when we visit I have to think before I speak so I don't throw any English words around as that would be embarrassing but with my parents I just mix the whole thing.

I'm studying Maths, Chemistry and Psychology how about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, I don't have just one but 3 copies plus a pocket sized one too

Zakey? Never heard that one before. I know right! So when we visit I have to think before I speak so I don't throw any English words around as that would be embarrassing but with my parents I just mix the whole thing.

I'm studying Maths, Chemistry and Psychology how about you?
    Yeah it's pretty annoying when you just can't think of the word in the kurdish and there is this awkward silence haha

I'm studying Medicine atm, what do you plan on doing after A levels?
    • 60 followers

ReputationRep:
    Na, all kurds are friendly and to demonstrate that have some rep
    Sipas dekem
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's pretty annoying when you just can't think of the word in the kurdish and there is this awkward silence haha

I'm studying Medicine atm, what do you plan on doing after A levels?
    Haha yeah

Nice Medicine too

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 18, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.