The Student Room Group

TSR Kurdish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by infernalcradle
haha, I love how you act as if you were allowed to do anything else.... :colone:

well....anything outside the golden 5....medicine, law, dentistry, engineering, architect....

Didn't know architecture was up there, thought it was meant to be pharmacy instead :tongue:

I see you're a medic too, do you plan on going back to kurdistan to work after your foundation years? I heard the working hours are much better there as is the pay, especially if you got your degree from a British medical school. My parents are being pretty insistent on me going back, though I'm personally undecided at the moment.

Original post by Medicina
Aww, you'll survive! Just have faith :smile:

5 more? Haha, you have around 8+ more years of studying before specializing in what you want

If you don't mind me asking, what university do you go to?

Oxbridge? :wink:

Look at his sig lol
Reply 61
Original post by coconut2456
Didn't know architecture was up there, thought it was meant to be pharmacy instead :tongue:

I see you're a medic too, do you plan on going back to kurdistan to work after your foundation years? I heard the working hours are much better there as is the pay, especially if you got your degree from a British medical school. My parents are being pretty insistent on me going back, though I'm personally undecided at the moment.

Look at his sig lol

You know, it's so annoying because sometimes I can see the blue arrow thing and click on it for the users signature but sometimes I can't...:angry:

Right now, it's one of those times when I can't...there's nothing there :s-smilie:
You know, it's so annoying because sometimes I can see the blue arrow thing and click on it for the users signature but sometimes I can't...:angry:

Right now, it's one of those times when I can't...there's nothing there :s-smilie:

Lol, he's studying in southampton.

You know, we need to get TSR to put up the kurdish flag as an option, I refuse to use the Iraqi flag XD
Reply 63
Lol, he's studying in southampton.

You know, we need to get TSR to put up the kurdish flag as an option, I refuse to use the Iraqi flag XD

Aha

We do, however do you really believe they will do it? I highly doubt it
Aww, you'll survive! Just have faith :smile:

5 more? Haha, you have around 8+ more years of studying before specializing in what you want

ugh....don't remind me :frown:

it's depressing enough when I have to write my year of graduation as 2017....when all my friends are writing 2014 :frown:
Reply 65
yeh i'm turkish but i aint got beef with kurds so its ok, my best friend in Turkey used to be kurdish enit

Look at his sig lol

I dunno...pharmacy has taken a dive recently IMO....

well, my parents keep trying to get me to do that...but if I'm honest, I really don't want to....cos the people there are still mired in the thinking of old....which is not something I particularly like....

then again, I expect things to be very very different within the next 10-15yrs....so who knows????

but I very much doubt it....a holiday is the most I'll go back for tbh
Reply 67
ugh....don't remind me :frown:

it's depressing enough when I have to write my year of graduation as 2017....when all my friends are writing 2014 :frown:

It's life :rolleyes:
It's life :rolleyes:

haha, that's true....

and if I'm honest....I wouldn't have it any other way....:colone:

so which part of the UK do you live????

(same to you coconut....where do you live????)
Reply 69
haha, that's true....

There's the spirit of a true Medic!

North West, Manchester :smile:
Aha

We do, however do you really believe they will do it? I highly doubt it

Well they won't if you have that self-defeating attitude :tongue: Let's just keep pestering them until they do

Original post by TheHeart
A lot of Kurds are doing Medicine nowadays which is good obviously :wink: I guess it's all the family pressure :wink:

Wish I was scientifically intelligent :frown: guess I gotta stick with ICT...

Where are you both applying/studying at? :smile:

Ah, sorry I missed this. Yeah there are loads of kurds doing medicine lol. For me it wasn't really about family pressure, I just couldn't really see myself doing anything else, which isn't great considering that means I didn't really have an interest in much else lol ICT is pretty cool though, what particular area do you plan on going into later on?

I dunno...pharmacy has taken a dive recently IMO....

well, my parents keep trying to get me to do that...but if I'm honest, I really don't want to....cos the people there are still mired in the thinking of old....which is not something I particularly like....

then again, I expect things to be very very different within the next 10-15yrs....so who knows????

but I very much doubt it....a holiday is the most I'll go back for tbh

What exactly do you mean by old thinking? And yeah, kurdistan is changing quite rapidly so you never know what it'll be like by the time we graduate.

haha, that's true....

London :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

What exactly do you mean by old thinking? And yeah, kurdistan is changing quite rapidly so you never know what it'll be like by the time we graduate.

London :biggrin:

well....the current thinking that our parent's and grandparents generation so lovingly still cling onto....

but as you say, because it is changing so rapidly, it's not something I have completely ruled out....but I'm not exactly keen on it atm

:biggrin:

Good man.....which part of london??

I'm in kingston
There's the spirit of a true Medic!

North West, Manchester :smile:

haha, medics....we'll bitch like crazy about the work....but secretly we love it :colone:

oooh....there are loads of kurds up in manchester.....
Reply 73
haha, medics....we'll bitch like crazy about the work....but secretly we love it :colone:

oooh....there are loads of kurds up in manchester.....

There are but surprisingly, we don't have contact with a single Kurd so I've always been rationalized away from the culture...Although the Kurds up here all act like they are Caucasian, so it would have made no difference...
Reply 74
Well they won't if you have that self-defeating attitude :tongue: Let's just keep pestering them until they do

Let's face it, we aren't getting a independent state and we most certainty aren't getting a flag on TSR :frown:

:rolleyes:
Let's face it, we aren't getting a independent state and we most certainty aren't getting a flag on TSR :frown:

:rolleyes:

haha, you'd be very suprised.....

watch what happens in the next 5 or so years....
Reply 76
haha, you'd be very suprised.....

watch what happens in the next 5 or so years....

Wanna bet? :wink:

Our great-grandchildren won't even live to see it...
There are but surprisingly, we don't have contact with a single Kurd so I've always been rationalized away from the culture...Although the Kurds up here all act like they are Caucasian, so it would have made no difference...

you have no idea how good that is for you in some ways....

it means you can do what you want without having to think about what other people will say, you won't get involved in the gossip etc.

that said....it's nice to know some kurds....just choose wisely :smile:
Wanna bet? :wink:

Our great-grandchildren won't even live to see it...

hahaha, happily :colone:

you do realise that independance is what will be pushed for the second we get supermajor oil companies in kurdistan to replace the current minnows.....

providing that the situation in iraq remains as it is/ kurds don't get more power.....
Reply 79
you have no idea how good that is for you in some ways....

it means you can do what you want without having to think about what other people will say, you won't get involved in the gossip etc.

that said....it's nice to know some kurds....just choose wisely :smile:

My cousins back home always mention that and in a sense I consider myself lucky...sometimes

Maybe, someday...

Quick Reply

Latest