The Student Room Group

Advice please

Please keep this anon or delete thread.

About a year ago I started to get really close to this girl who I sat next to in some classes. We were always talking/flirting etc. We both recognised that we liked each other but (stupidly) never acknowledged this to the other, therefore nothing ever happened between us and eventually we grew apart.

A year later (at present time) we are still friends but nothing how we used to be. I still have strong feelings for this girl yet have no idea how she feels about me. I have no idea what to do, Please could someone advise me?
Reply 1
If you have contact with her then ask her for coffee or reccomend doing something casually together and hope things will follow. Beware that this gold digger is not after your money though.
Reply 2
Original post by Unknown?
If you have contact with her then ask her for coffee or reccomend doing something casually together and hope things will follow. Beware that this gold digger is not after your money though.

Considering we haven't spoken properly for ages, would she not find it wierd if I suddenly out of the blue ask her to go for a drink though?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Considering we haven't spoken properly for ages, would she not find it wierd if I suddenly out of the blue ask her to go for a drink though?

Try and find the right moment during a discussion or something. Invite her out with some other people at first for example so it doesn't seem as weird and use that as an opportunity to take to her more.

Either you do it. Or someone else will. Don't let this gold digger go.
Reply 4
Try and find the right moment during a discussion or something. Invite her out with some other people at first for example so it doesn't seem as weird and use that as an opportunity to take to her more.

Either you do it. Or someone else will. Don't let this gold digger go.

Also, by saying don't let her go, are you implying she may still like me?
Reply 5
Also, by saying don't let her go, are you implying she may still like me?

Well if there was something there originally according to you then there should be at least a speck of that feeling left buried deep beneath the surface of that gold digger heart.

At most if she is single and not interested in anyone else then you should be able to make her like you again.
Reply 6
Well if there was something there originally according to you then there should be at least a speck of that feeling left buried deep beneath the surface of that gold digger heart.

At most if she is single and not interested in anyone else then you should be able to make her like you again.

Thanks, and why do you keep calling her a gold digger?
Reply 7
Thanks, and why do you keep calling her a gold digger?

Because I'm bitter that's why and this is how I deal with it. :tongue:
Reply 8
Because I'm bitter that's why and this is how I deal with it. :tongue:

Lol justseen all your other gilddigger posts.

1 last question before I leave you. If I were to text her just to have a conversation, how would I start?
Reply 9
Lol justseen all your other gilddigger posts.

1 last question before I leave you. If I were to text her just to have a conversation, how would I start?

I'm afraid I don't think I have enough experience in this situation to give a good answer but I would personally just start with something like "Hello X, how are you doing. We haven't spoken in a while etc..."

I would think you should get some response back. I actually just remembered now texting a girl years ago because I was bored and didn't talk to much in school and managed to get texts back.
Reply 10
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending