The Student Room Group

Best uni for me?

Hoping to start Uni in September 2013 doing an IT course.

Which are the best universities?

I have considered:

Goldsmith's
Reading
Leeds
Kent
Reply 1
Original post by chocolate buttons
Hoping to start Uni in September 2013 doing an IT course.

Which are the best universities?

I have considered:

Goldsmith's
Reading
Leeds
Kent

I know that you will hear this from everyone, but it's whatever you consider to be best. Sometimes it's not all that in the league table, but the one that you prefer visiting. A friend of mine got A*, A*, A at A-Level last year, getting into all university choices, and choosing Manchester over King's College, because he preferred it.

Visit the universities and see what they are like. Failing that, you could always base your decision on league tables. The Independent and the Guardian have annual league tables depicting the 'best university' in terms of student satisfaction, employment prospects and so on. Read up on the university from the website, gain an insight into it, see if they have the option of a virtual tour, or even look at the modules you'd take and see which you'd prefer of all.

Also, if you want any further help, you can go on the university tab above and select the university of your choice from the list, and talk to somebody on the thread and ask them. It's really easy to find somebody who is/has done/doing your course, so just contact them! I spoke to a girl regarding my course and got a much better insight into it than the website gave me.

I hope I've helped!
Happy New Year! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest