The Student Room Group

Woman faces jail after making hundreds of hoax 999 calls

A teenager from Cambridgeshire has been warned she faces a possible jail term after making 756 silent 999 calls over the Christmas weekend.

Huntingdon Magistrates' Court heard Moate dialled the emergency services repeatedly between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.

3 days.. 72hours in total. So she was averaging over 10 calls an hour for 3 days, over Christmas

Someone needs a new hobby :facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-16357423

Scroll to see replies

But....Why?

Honestly, why?

To what purpose? What did she actually have to gain?
Reply 2
If you're going to have a prank call-athon, best to only call each number once.
Oh man. They were silent calls too. She didn't even try to do anything funny with it.
when i was little i called 999 then hung up, and they called back and i got in so much trouble :frown:
Reply 5
Women like that have far too much time on their hand...they should start thinking about filling up that bed...much more constructive :colone:
Reply 6
What an idiot.

756 calls, really?

How can you not get bored after 10 calls?

I hope she is jailed for a long time for the loss of services and potentially lives.
Well on a episode of QI they said Christmas Day is when 999 or 911 get the most calls because people get phones as a present, and to check that it's working they dial the emergency number as all phones by law must be able to. I don't think she got 756 new phones though, she was probably just bored :biggrin:
i guess they're very serious about that. My ex once called 999 by accident from my mobile then i hung up and they actually called back. I made up some story about how my little daughter managed to get hold of my phone :lolwut: i got told off :teehee:
Prank calls stopped being funny when I was about 13. Never called the emergency services though. This woman sounds like a selfish bitch
Reply 10
Original post by AmIDoingItRight
when i was little i called 999 then hung up, and they called back and i got in so much trouble :frown:

Me too!
We weren't allowed to open the door for strangers so the two policemen jumped over our garden fence. I lied and said I'd accidentally called them and they gave me a warning. One of the scariest experiences of my life. I thought my mum would kill me. I guess curiousity killed that cat. I was 6 years old. Never again. There are times I do accidentally call the emergency servies on my phone when I'm just about to enter my PIN; I immediately hang up due to fear. I'm surprised they didn't catch this woman sooner.
D: why so many? Wtf

I accidentally called 999 when I was at a gig once because my phone was in my bag and although it was locked I think number 9 stays unlocked in case you have to call quickly in an emergency, i'd made about 20 calls to like 9, 9999999, 99, 999 etc... I felt so awful.
I guess someone needs to get out of the basement.
Lmfao what a dumb bitch damn strange
Reply 14
She must have been so bored...
Reply 15
Wow.. Someone does indeed need a life

I called the police once when i was younger by mistake.. I was terrified when they answered, so hung up.. and when they called back, i Blamed it on my younger brother..
Muhahaha, :biggrin:
Reply 16
She might have some kind of 'issues', you know.
I bet that phone is in a kitchen. Or it should be...
Reply 18
I bet she cant wait to tell her fellow prison mates how "bad" she is
Reply 19
Original post by ch0llima
She might have some kind of 'issues', you know.

That fat bitch Adele seeking whatever company she can get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending