The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
well i think it is... look at the uni's stats and stuff. plus its really pretty and has a fabulous reputation.

on the other hand, my regi teacher did her post grad course there and she said it was a "shambles" there... she reckoned that the delay in Edinburgh replying isn't solely down to them doing fair selection... she said they were completely disorganised and it's like that there all the time.

"id never recommend it" was her words.

i think we want to go because in our minds we see it as a great place because of its rep.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
To be honest I didn't know there was any hype...

Personally I find the social side good, altho I guess thats the same at all uni's, the city is beautiful and perfectly sized altho a tad expensive, and lectures insanely boring and pointless <-- u'd be better off buying a book. But from what I hear lectures are the same everywhere which just leaves me questioning the univeristy system... but i'm an academic so have no choice!

The interest of lectures prob also depends on your course, and I'm still in 1st yr engineering so we are just plowing through the basics.

Well I think that was an honest opinion, out of all the uni's I could go to I wouldn't move anywhere else, although I can't help but be intrieged by other places/experiences.
It's a prestigous uni in a capital city- I'd wager it is good.
Reply 4
my friend says the city center is quite small and not really all that. so if you're from a big city and ur used to living in a busy environment, maybe it's not the best place. but having said that she also said the people are AMAZINGLY friendly, so thats prolly not really what u get in other cities.
Reply 5
I believe it does live up to it. The city is of a decent size, and has quite a bit of variation... posh areas, student type areas, green (meadows), loads of bars, clubs, shops. The architecture is beautiful, and the castle and Princes Street Gardens make it a gorgeous city centre. I loved studying in Edinburgh. I like the fact that it's not too big, as you can get around easily and it's nicer to have all your friends being roughly half an hour away at most. It is a centre of culture, and is generally known as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
I didn;t take to it really

Latest

Trending

Trending