The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Primary PGCE Wolverhampton University!

:s-smilie: PGCE Interview 11th Jan! :s-smilie:

Soo, it's less than 2 weeks away and I'm getting nervous now.

Just wondering if anyone else has applied here/had an interview/got an interview, or has already done the course etc?

I'm currently at the Walsall campus at the new performance hub in my final year of my drama and performance degree, so know the Uni well - so at least that's one less thign to worry about :biggrin:

Any advice please?!

Kat. :angelwings:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone???
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey,
I am also a student at Wolves uni (Walsall Campus - Childhood Studies with Special Needs) and had my interview on the 8th December. Still waiting on a decision but they had to break up for holidays so it has made the process even longer!! Just wanna know now! :angry:
Reply 3
Congrats though, what was it like? xxx
Reply 4
Thanks, it was fine. The audits weren't so bad but do revise! And the interveiw was fine. I had a little guy called Paul but he hadn't even looked at my Personal Statement... I put so much effort into it and had so many meetings with Naresh for him just to say, 'I don't bother with those'! lol But it was quite laid back and some really interesting questions. One that threw me off a little: 'You have an unlimited budget and an empty classroom. What would you do with it?'

Bot gunna give too much away though, after all... you are my potential rival :wink:
Reply 5
Ohh I love questions like that. but they probably know people talk and will change it to really hard stuff :frown:

How long were you there for?

And do you think you'll find out soon? (let me know?!) or do you think they will interview everyone else first? :colondollar:

xx
Reply 6
That question just completely stumped me because I had not planned for it. I was planning for the usual 'why would you be a good teacher?', 'why do you want to come here?', 'what makes you different from everyone else?' etc.

Was there for three hours in all. They call you out individually for your interview but while you wait, you do your audits. I was probably being interviewed for about 40 minutes but I can talk for Britain lol As for the audits, you can have as much time as you want on them or as little. You just sorta go when you're done. Also, they shoved a lesson plan idea thing into the audit. You are given a selection of pictures to chose from and you have to plan a lesson around it with learning outcomes etc.

I emailed them on Tuesday to find out when I would know and they just sent a very ominous reply: 'You will be contacted shortly through GTTR.' so still none the wiser! I just hope it is soon but they might well be leaving it until everyone has been interviewed... but by the time it come to it, they wont remember the older candidates as well as the newer ones...

I dunno!!!! Just fed up of waiting! lol And aye I'll let you know :smile:
Reply 7
I'm getting nervous now but I bet it's killing you waiting so long - I'm kinda glad I've got mine next week, rather than having it back in December, means less of a wait, I hope!

Any ideas how many people applied / how many places there are? My friend went for an interview at BCU for secondary drama and they told him that 170 people applied for only 10 places...so 160 wouldn't get in! :-O

You seem really confident though!

I reckon 11th is probably the last day for interviews? Or one of the last surely.

Good luck!
Reply 8
There were 33 people at my interview day and they said they had at least another two days scheduled. Don't know when they were to be though. I know there are 100 PGCE Primary places available at Wolves. Those odds are a bit harsh at BCU, you just wouldn't bother really would you.. lol

I am not massively confident but the interviewer did put me down as recommended and I did thoroughly check through my audits again and again and again. I did three weeks of prep/revision too so if I don't get it, I will be genuinely gutted.

Also, the definite rejections have been sent out now so I know at least I am still in the running...

I think 11th should be the last day because UCAS recommends they give decisions out by the 18th January (says in the welcome guide). At least I know I should know by then...

Good luck with your interview, you'll be fine :smile: Just try not to panic and sort of look at it as a more laid back conversation. The last thing the interviewers wanna do is interview a sweating, freaking-out nervous wreck lol
Reply 9
Hi, I have also got my primary PGCE audit on Wednesday 11th January, just wanted to check if you also got a letter recently saying that it would only be the presentations and audits on Wednesday and that if we were successful we would be notified and be invited for an interview at a later date?

Also the letter stated that it would be starting at 11am instead of 9am. I also got an email a few days ago saying the location/rooms to report to have changed aswell. It's all a bit confusing. Just a bit worried especially after seeing these posts, I was hoping to just revise for the audits and worry about the interview afterwards if I was invited for an interview.

Thanks.
Reply 10
Hi I have not had a letter, nor been told to prepare an presentation, or been told of room changes. I've been told information over e vision only, probably because I'm an internal applicant.

I'm panicking now major!
Reply 11
Ok, well I'm going to call up the university tomorrow to make sure. You should do the same incase because all the stuff I've been sent in the post conflicts with the stuff on evision, and the last thing we want is to miss it all..

oh and the presentation things is just the university presentations of the course etc, if we had to prepare a presentation I'd be dying right now haha
Reply 12
Hey, did you ring up hun? x
Reply 13
Hey got my conditional offer today for Wolves :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hey, well done. I'm really jealous. So nervous for Wednesday :-(
Reply 15
You'll be fine! Thanks very much and good luck on Wednesday!
Reply 16
How did it go Kat?
Reply 17
Hi,

Interview went well but I messed up on the audits, they were really hard.

Looks like ill be applying next year :-(
Reply 18
Oh dear, sorry to hear that! What happened? Did you panic or just not revise the right stuff?

You never know though so fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 19
I got an A* in my GCSE English retake last August and found the English part of the test so so hard....i dunno though, sometimes I think I did well, other times I think I did shockingly bad so atm I'm 50/50 - Just want to know now! :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending