The Student Room Group

How does Fox News and Bill O Reilly get away with the BULL**** they say?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LiterallyInsane
I find it hilarious that O'reilly gets away with this non sense also I am laughing at the bit about Anders Brehvik the Christian terrorist. How can Bill O'reilly say that Christian do not commit terrorism ?

What about the Christian Crusaders were they not terrorist what about the treatment of African Americans was that not terrorism ? The fact that they stripped off any sort of identity from these blacks and used -abused them.
Or how about the Native Americans whom they used to call native Indians even though they have no relations with India what so ever.Blimey it seems to me that righting whites do not believe that they can commit any wrong when majority of what is wrong with countries all over the world comes from certain countries and America is on top of that list.

Also is it true Rupert Murdoch owns this news program?

clearly, like so many other bigoted 'anti racist' racists i encounter you have no sense of irony on the race issue.
Inbred Americans love a bit of hate and fall for propoganda because there primitive brains allow it.
Reply 42
Original post by genia
Basically ive been watching Fox News lately and ive been horrified with the way they misinterpret peoples views and distort their facts so obviously on their network. Some of the views that they share are so extreme right wing its unbelievable. I would ignore it if it was a small news agency however the fact that it is the largest news network in the USA is unbelievable! Its worrying to see the influence they have over the USA population. Bill O Reilly no way qualifies to be a news pundit, and he only appeals to his audience by being able to shout over his interviewees and distort their views. Am i the only one who thinks this?
The first clip is Bill O reilly reporting on Norwegian mass killer, using it as a tool of disisiveness.
Second is Bill O reilly attacking a 9 11 victims son on air.
Third is fox news presenter getting owned by Obamas spokesman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAxf3aL1WmU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IwIRNM5noY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5AsGdMzx8g&feature=related

Now you know why Americans are dumb. Its called propaganda.
I'm a little surprised at how Ofcom doesn't pull the plug on the channel but it's owned by Murdoch so you know. And there was a fuss over the impartiality with George Galloway with his Palestine speech....
because they audience they're saying it to is mostly stupid people who just blindly accept, never questioning.
Reply 45
Original post by lulubel
what is this obsession with the daily mail and fox news?

its like certain types just cannot bear differing opinions. i think people who get so worked up about fox news and the daily mail and the sort of people who would have loved working as stasi agents in the soviet union.

in fact, if you people hate diversity of opinion so much why don't you go and move to north korea?

What? :lolwut:

I'll ignore the stasi and North Korea quotes because you've clearly decided to come up with something outrageous and ludicrous to get an angry reaction.

Diversity of opinion is a good thing of course but that's not the issue here is it. If you had bothered to read people's posts properly or watch the videos, then you would have seen that the issue here is how fox news and Bill O'Reilly can get away with clear fabrication of the truth and extreme bias which wouldn't be such an issue if it was a small network but the fact that it is one of the largest and most influential news network in the US makes it concerning. Just watch the second video and see for yourself how aggressive and pathetic O'Reilly's (and fox's as another video shows) debating tactics are, pretty much just 'shut up' and 'cut his mic' and then report the guy saying something completely different the next day, now there is someone who doesn't like diversity of opinion.
They have supporters in high places and friends in high places. Political influence and a lot of funding from some important people.
Plus they have people who watch it and actually take them seriously, not to mention this who take idiots like O'Reily, Sean Hannitee and Glenn Beck seriously. Not so much Beck as he doesn't work for Fox anymore. He still finds other ways to spout his nonsense though.

Fox does spout a lot of crap, all you can do is keep calling them out. Like Keith Olbermann has been doing for some years now.
Reply 47
Reply 48
Original post by Olie
What? :lolwut:

I'll ignore the stasi and North Korea quotes because you've clearly decided to come up with something outrageous and ludicrous to get an angry reaction.

Diversity of opinion is a good thing of course but that's not the issue here is it. If you had bothered to read people's posts properly or watch the videos, then you would have seen that the issue here is how fox news and Bill O'Reilly can get away with clear fabrication of the truth and extreme bias which wouldn't be such an issue if it was a small network but the fact that it is one of the largest and most influential news network in the US makes it concerning. Just watch the second video and see for yourself how aggressive and pathetic O'Reilly's (and fox's as another video shows) debating tactics are, pretty much just 'shut up' and 'cut his mic' and then report the guy saying something completely different the next day, now there is someone who doesn't like diversity of opinion.

the things that makes me laugh about people like you who hate diversity of opinion is that it is very selective outrage. you do not seem to care when left wing media spin events.
FOX News is excellent, I wish we had something just as good here, Breivik was NOT a Christian nor was his act of terrorism done in the name of Christianity therefore he cannot be a Christian terrorist.

As I am against a woman's "right" to choose to kill her unborn baby, the homosexual acceptance brigade and political correctness and believe Christianity should play an important role in public life- that is to say, New Testament faith not a worldly imitation of it by people who believe in the utter equality of all faiths and none- I prefer FOX and other conservative sources to the liberal mainstream when looking at US news.
Original post by ScheduleII
FOX News is excellent, I wish we had something just as good here, Breivik was NOT a Christian nor was his act of terrorism done in the name of Christianity therefore he cannot be a Christian terrorist.

As I am against a woman's "right" to choose to kill her unborn baby, the homosexual acceptance brigade and political correctness and believe Christianity should play an important role in public life- that is to say, New Testament faith not a worldly imitation of it by people who believe in the utter equality of all faiths and none- I prefer FOX and other conservative sources to the liberal mainstream when looking at US news.

Sarcasm?
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Sarcasm?

SARCASM?

Check my posting history and you will realise how horribly wrong you are. I am a conservative Christian, as my personal page even says. I do not make sarky wisecracks when I say that things like perversions of marriage, destruction of foetuses and living in sexual union for years without being married are plain wrong.

HOPE THAT CLEARS THINGS UP FOR YOU.
SARCASM?

Check my posting history and you will realise how horribly wrong you are. I am a conservative Christian, as my personal page even says. I do not make sarky wisecracks when I say that things like perversions of marriage, destruction of foetuses and living in sexual union for years without being married are plain wrong.

HOPE THAT CLEARS THINGS UP FOR YOU.

Lol.
Lol.

Why "lol"? Can you not come up with a better response than a mocking little laugh at me? Foolish left-wing zealots and their total lack of respect...
Reply 54
Idiots, the lot of them. That Glen Beck's a ****er too.
Why "lol"? Can you not come up with a better response than a mocking little laugh at me? Foolish left-wing zealots and their total lack of respect...

What do you want me to say? I asked you if you were being sarcastic you said no, I laughed. Fin.
What do you want me to say? I asked you if you were being sarcastic you said no, I laughed. Fin.

You had no reason to laugh. It seemed to me derisory and intemperate to approach me in this manner when you could have simply accepted my views are very different from liberal ones.
You had no reason to laugh. It seemed to me derisory and intemperate to approach me in this manner when you could have simply accepted my views are very different from liberal ones.

No, there was no problem with me laughing, the problem is you perceived my laughter was directed at you or I was laughing at you. Not my problem if you jump to conclusions.
Reply 58
Original post by lulubel
the things that makes me laugh about people like you who hate diversity of opinion is that it is very selective outrage. you do not seem to care when left wing media spin events.

You should post some examples to solidify your argument /thumbsup
No, there was no problem with me laughing, the problem is you perceived my laughter was directed at you or I was laughing at you. Not my problem if you jump to conclusions.

You quoted me and said "lol". That was sufficient for me to imply the laugh was at my expense. Particularly as you had just falsely jumped to a conclusion of sarcasm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending