The Student Room Group

Any Finance related internships for Year 13 students?

Any Finance related internships for Year 13 students?

Thanks
Reply 1
anyone?
any summer work experience opportunities?

thanks
Reply 2
I would also like to know this. I've heard of the Bank Of Englands Target 2.0 for sixth formers, but other than that I don't know of anything. Also some competitions for sixth form students to write an economics report with a cash prize. I don't know much about these however.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/targettwopointzero/index.htm

I watched a video on it and overall it just seemed like a standard PR stunt rather than anything actually useful, but it's all stuff you can whack on the C.V.
Reply 3
Original post by The Phelps
I would also like to know this. I've heard of the Bank Of Englands Target 2.0 for sixth formers, but other than that I don't know of anything. Also some competitions for sixth form students to write an economics report with a cash prize. I don't know much about these however.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/targettwopointzero/index.htm

I watched a video on it and overall it just seemed like a standard PR stunt rather than anything actually useful, but it's all stuff you can whack on the C.V.

I think I'm just going to email random banks/ other finance related firms and ask them if they offer work experience for A-level students.
Reply 4
Original post by soldiersixteen
I think I'm just going to email random banks/ other finance related firms and ask them if they offer work experience for A-level students.

how is looking for work experience because i'm doing the same as you.
Original post by soldiersixteen

Hi, was you successful with any banks?
Reply 6
I know an international financial investment firm located in Qingdao,China is looking for international interns now. Anyone who is interested in the below positions, plz ask me for details.

1. Investment Banking department assistant
2. Products department assistant
3. Marketing Department designing assistant
4. Asset Management Department Television & Film Investment Assistant

Quick Reply