The Student Room Group

Hawkins Barzaar has gone into administration

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/8984157/Hawkins-Bazaar-appoints-administrators.html

again another shop has gone bust but really do we need them

no body goes there and buy stuff so we don't need them

its a waisted business, good riddens I say

Scroll to see replies

NNNOOOOO! :cry:

Where else am I going to get pointless crap which was amazingly fun...
Me and my mates always used to go in there to see the pointless crap they had
Reply 3
I shall not sleep tonight. Please sir, can I have some more?
Reply 4
happy christmas eh? well not for them this year
With all these shops going bust maybe the days of the clonal high street are over.

Nothing annoyed me more than travelling around the UK, only to find the exact same selection of shops on every high street and in every shopping centre. Totally kills the excitement of shopping.
NOOOOOOO where will I buy my slinkies from?!
Ah ffs I hadn't even managed to make it into the new Swansea store yet! :frown:
Reply 8
hence maybe its time for the high street to die and to make way for online shopping only
Original post by 01jtiong

no body goes there and buy stuff so we don't need them

its a waisted business, good riddens I say

Your just a bit of a nob.
Of course people shopped there, it wouldn't have lasted 30 odd years otherwise.

Yay, more death of the highstreet!

hence maybe its time for the high street to die and to make way for online shopping only

What an absurd statement.
And what would become of the high street, as in the actual space?
The high street isn't going to die, its the small independent and smaller chain stores that will. Which can only be a lose for consumers...
Im sick to death of seeing the same old shops everywhere. Its shops like Hawkin's Bazaar that keep high streets 'alive'. You wouldn't have a fun time pottering around a TK max, but most people would in an old junk shop, or independent toy shop.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
blimey.. i went in there yesterday and all seemed fine.

odd because xmas would be their most profitable time?!
Aww i am genuinely gutted! I love that shop!
Reply 12
Original post by lonelykatana
Your just a bit of a nob.
Of course people shopped there, it wouldn't have lasted 30 odd years otherwise.

Yay, more death of the highstreet!

What an absurd statement.
And what would become of the high street, as in the actual space?
The high street isn't going to die, its the small independent and smaller chain stores that will. Which can only be a lose for consumers...
Im sick to death of seeing the same old shops everywhere. Its shops like Hawkin's Bazaar that keep high streets 'alive'. You wouldn't have a fun time pottering around a TK max, but most people would in an old junk shop, or independent toy shop.

if the hight street were to die then the empty spaces will be converted to potential office space thus more jobs created
Reply 13
Ah not Hawkin's Bazaar! One of those shops you never really think would go! When I went in there a couple of weeks back it was packed, but to be honest no one seemed to be actually buying anything, more like they came in to play around with the trinkets, etc.
It's sad but online shopping is so much easier and cheaper so it (along with Tesco) is killing the high street. Of course some people will always love walking around the shops and making a day of it but now I've got an amazon account I will only shop in the high street for clothes.
if the hight street were to die then the empty spaces will be converted to potential office space thus more jobs created

Ohh that makes sense actually, sorry for being so pessimistic at first!
I cant believe I didn't think of that
true
Reply 17
The only shop I know of that advertises it sells "Curiosities"

Where will I get novelty mugs and Mah Jong sets now? D:
Reply 18
Those shops were always a bit weird and had a slightly unsettling feel about them when you went in. Worse than Past Times.
good, we had two in tunbridge wells at one point... within 30 seconds walk of each other...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending