The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by majik123
aint going to well, just going to sit the exam with bried knowledge!!

that is the only way...
the grade boundries are very low too - so don't worry too much
Reply 201
my teacher has predicted that its either marxist, functionalist, interactionist, P.M or s.policy

i pray we dont get social policy my teacher has barely been over it! they got it in AS the other week, so hopefully we dont!
wait wtf is this? social action? what's a social action theory?
Reply 203
Original post by Youra
i have punishment for coming up tomorrow and interactionism... sociology as a science was on our specimen so does anyone think that it wont come up?

my teahcer has told us thats its actaully quite common for them to incude things from the specimin paper? im not sure how true that is...
Original post by beccaa:)
social policy came up in the AS paper last week so hopefully we wont get it aswell!

Oh good god! Do you think it won't come up? What about Functionalism coming up, I'm least confident with that :frown::confused:
Reply 205
Original post by xAbbyElizabeth
Oh good god! Do you think it won't come up? What about Functionalism coming up, I'm least confident with that :frown::confused:

everyone on here seems to think functionalism is going to come up! for the 33 markers im thinkig marxism as positivst methods came up last year
everyone on here seems to think functionalism is going to come up! for the 33 markers im thinkig marxism as positivst methods came up last year

OOH NO. I cannot remember anything for functionalism! Haha maybe I should cram in revision for that now I would prefer sociology as a science but I can't see that coming up either! Whatever the 33 marker will be I'm screwed :frown:
Reply 207
if courts come up for methods in context what is that about? my teacher didnt teach us anything about courts :frown:
Reply 208
Original post by xAbbyElizabeth
OOH NO. I cannot remember anything for functionalism! Haha maybe I should cram in revision for that now I would prefer sociology as a science but I can't see that coming up either! Whatever the 33 marker will be I'm screwed :frown:

i know same, we did crime and deviance right up till we broke up for christmas so we've only had three weeks to do all the theory, and we didnt do anything on methods! basically screwed lol
Reply 209
what can you write if age and crime comes up in the C+D section.
Reply 210
Anyone else looking forward to the retake in the summer :smile:
i know same, we did crime and deviance right up till we broke up for christmas so we've only had three weeks to do all the theory, and we didnt do anything on methods! basically screwed lol

I feel sorry for you! I'm glad we get another chance to resit though in June, I know I will definitely need to :frown: I feel like I've forgotten everything I've revised! :confused: If I even get a C it'll be a miracle haha
Reply 212
is michel foucault a postmodernist? my teacher said he is but i dunno how because he talks about how we r becoming prisoners and stuff :/ doesnt PM say that we pick and choose our identity? help please!! :smile:
Reply 213
Original post by angel2013
is michel foucault a postmodernist? my teacher said he is but i dunno how because he talks about how we r becoming prisoners and stuff :/ doesnt PM say that we pick and choose our identity? help please!! :smile:

all i know is im gonna **** up!!:mad:
(edited 12 years ago)
I already have my tub of ben and jerry's ready for tommorrow and the last two episodes of grey's anatomy at the ready...
Reply 215
all i know is im gonna F*ck up!!:mad:

ahh dw u'll be fine read my advice i read earlier on :smile: i feel like im gonna forget everything so im just cramming in last min revision!!
Reply 216
Original post by angel2013
ahh dw u'll be fine read my advice i read earlier on :smile: i feel like im gonna forget everything so im just cramming in last min revision!!

im trying to do the same, but its not getting into my head and also it is toooo long:frown:
Reply 217
can anyone tell me what functionalist say about social change?
Reply 218
im trying to do the same, but its not getting into my head and also it is toooo long:frown:

yh same :frown: but try to keep going over it again and again however long it takes thats wat im doing
Reply 219
Original post by gfm
there is no difference, functionalism is a structural theory which means that it looks at the wider structure of society and investigates how society shapes individuals behaviour.

If functionalism comes up talk about the idea of it being a structural and based on value consensus.
Talk about Parsons idea of organic analogy, the needs of soceity (AGIL), how social control is mantained allowing stability and the move from traditiona to modern societies.
As you make points go criticising them using Merton's internal critique or conflic theories critic as well as interactionists.
To conclude you could talk about teleology, i.e. the idea that functionalism explains the existance of instituitions in terms of their supoused function however logically a cause must come before its effect. Also concliude saying that functionalism is not a very useful theory to explain society as it doesnt account for conflics as if everyone shared the same culture why would there be different perspectives on society with different views?

nice one mate xD am stresssin over functionalism for sum reason and i bet it wont come up tomoz lol marxism would be a simple 33 marker right ithink lol but anywayz what do u think might come up tomoz? & thankz for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending