Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    in any 33 marker essay put Stucutaction theory (Giddens), P.M, and dont forget methods!!! this will help you gain ao2 marks (analysis)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if your not sure what to write just write my suggestion above
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do people think will come up for the theory? I've got good hope it will be Functionalism- (I really hope so!) Stressing so much ha. Realism? Can anyone give me a brief description? All I can think is my teacher saying 'get real' haha. How likely for is sociology a science to come up?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys my teacher said that sociology as a science came up last year or something so he doubts it will be coming up, i am soo nervous for this exam its true soo much to learn and i had biology yesterday which took up every single brain cell so hmmm im screwed :|
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahbee1)
    What do people think will come up for the theory? I've got good hope it will be Functionalism- (I really hope so!) Stressing so much ha. Realism? Can anyone give me a brief description? All I can think is my teacher saying 'get real' haha. How likely for is sociology a science to come up?
    sociology as a science may come but not very likely as it already came in our spec paper...

with realism you talk about RR and LR... differences between them... how the believe crime should be controlled... suggestions for why crime is committed etc.. i think this will be a straight forward essay question
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acharya1)
    Guys my teacher said that sociology as a science came up last year or something so he doubts it will be coming up, i am soo nervous for this exam its true soo much to learn and i had biology yesterday which took up every single brain cell so hmmm im screwed :|
    same how did you find it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, so possiblities:

Crime and Deviance:
    Globalisation
    Realism
    Labelling Theory
    Suicide
    Chivalry Thesis

Methods in Context:
    ?? not sure

33 Marker:
    Sociology as a science??
    theory - Functionalism, Marxism etc

Does anyone think Suicide may come up?? my teacher is saying it might as it has never come up before
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    suicide may come up in either c+d section or method in context
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majik123)
    sociology as a science may come but not very likely as it already came in our spec paper...

with realism you talk about RR and LR... differences between them... how the believe crime should be controlled... suggestions for why crime is committed etc.. i think this will be a straight forward essay question
    Okay thanks but just because it came up in a spec surely it doesn't cancel out the fact it may re-appear? I'm most worried about the 33 marker. The theory and methods is ok cause using the item isn't always bad and you add in your own knowledge obviously

So, theorists- functionalism- Parsons, Durkheim, Murdock Douglas (suicide) wilmott and young? Poss. Feminist-Oakley,Mirlees Black (if referring to dom. Violence?) Marxist-Marx who else?! Ohdear gone blank. So annoying cause I've revised for weeks but there's so much to learn!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LCT1000)
    OK, so possiblities:

Crime and Deviance:
    Globalisation
    Realism
    Labelling Theory
    Suicide
    Chivalry Thesis

Methods in Context:
    ?? not sure

33 Marker:
    Sociology as a science??
    theory - Functionalism, Marxism etc

Does anyone think Suicide may come up?? my teacher is saying it might as it has never come up before
    dont forget age and crime may come up in c+d!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is marx's theory on alienation??
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm really just hoping that the student room isn't representative of the nation when it comes to sociology because you guys seem to know so much..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    has anyone been told what is gonna come in the exam 2mrrw morning
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is marx's theory on alienation??
    This is how workers are separated from forces of production and have no control or say
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    for anyone who thinks globalisation is going to come up... dont think it will as it already has come up in the previous papers!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pearls)
    this is how workers are separated from forces of production and have no control or say
    thankyou!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what does merton (functionalist) argue?.. does he just criticise parsons?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what does merton (functionalist) argue?.. does he just criticise parsons?
    Merton criticises parsons yh but u use his study in crime and deviance part
    hes a functionalist who developed durkheims theory on anomie and talked about the strain theory and how theres 5 diff forms of behaviour
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel2013)
    Merton criticises parsons yh but u use his study in crime and deviance part
    hes a functionalist who developed durkheims theory on anomie and talked about the strain theory and how theres 5 diff forms of behaviour
    thats not going to come up in the c+d section... might only come in the t+m... Thankyou anyway!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thats not going to come up in the c+d section... might only come in the t+m... Thankyou anyway!!
    why has it come up before? its k

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.