The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heavy-Metal-Lover
It's just the most annoying thing, you just wantrealize!

Original post by Donw
thats wto high lol

Original post by battylauren001
Qui:frown:

Original post by gfm
wow on ?

Original post by laurieee
ny sense! Still dont think I have the A I need for uni!

Has the Unit 3 thread of sociology been made yet =] ? If so can you post the link on here?

Original post by 3ka_xo
i thought this too! i couldn't think of anything so i proper rambled. all i could think of was their crime and deviance theories because that's what is on the specimen, and this isn't what the question was asking for really. not fair at all.
Original post by MiahMaster
Has the Unit 3 thread of sociology been made yet =] ? If so can you post the link on here?

Hello, I am doing this Unit 4 now :smile: Just done Unit 3 Religion!

I Would like to ask, Can somone basically post the questions that came up on this (jan 2012 exam ) , so that it can help me and others who are doing unit 4 in June

Thank You
Original post by helpmekid

I Would like to ask, Can somone basically post the questions that came up on this (jan 2012 exam ) , so that it can help me and others who are doing unit 4 in June

Thank You

Labelling, Globalisation. Thats all i remember =]
Original post by MiahMaster
Labelling, Globalisation. Thats all i remember =]

What came up for the Theory and Methods Question? also, do you have to rember all the Theories, e.g functionlism , marxism , late modernity, post modernity ? etc? Thanks
What came up for the Theory and Methods Question? also, do you have to rember all the Theories, e.g functionlism , marxism , late modernity, post modernity ? etc? Thanks

You may not want to speak to me, as my parents were immigrants. ( I saw in another thread you dislike immigrants ).
Reply 365

For the theory and methods question, Covert Observation came up within the court room, and for the 33 mark question, functionalism and the newright came up so its unlikely to come up again, but ill still know the other theories just in case:smile:
Original post by jordan9
For the theory and methods question, Covert Observation came up within the court room, and for the 33 mark question, functionalism and the newright came up so its unlikely to come up again, but ill still know the other theories just in case:smile:

kk thanks :smile:

@miah - re read the post - i made i never said i dont like imigrants - i said the decison was right - it should be controled
Reply 367
apparently lots of schools have complained to exam board about the new right cuz it was not in the syllabus and it came up...check with ur teacher if they complained....so hopefully they will give us marks and stuff.... :biggrin:
Reply 368
Good luck to all when getting our results tomoz!!! hoep wel all got As or A*s!! :biggrin:DD
This is ridic. I got a U in this, I mean wth?
Hope everyone got great results today and commiserations to those who missed their grade!

:smile:
Original post by Silver Aurora
This is ridic. I got a U in this, I mean wth?

:frown: sorry to hear this. What do you normally get in mocks etc? A 'U' seems surprising.

Maybe you can get the paper back and see what happened!

Thank You

You can find the questions and examiner's report on AQA which runs through all the questions and what they expected for what grade.

Original post by catoswyn
:frown: sorry to hear this. What do you normally get in mocks etc? A 'U' seems surprising.

Maybe you can get the paper back and see what happened!

I probably didn't mention any sociologist; did everything else!
I think I will resit it, need to get an A!
Did you do it?
Original post by Silver Aurora
I probably didn't mention any sociologist; did everything else!
I think I will resit it, need to get an A!
Did you do it?

My son did it and got 116/120 UMS so I think that's an A so it went okay for him.

It might be the sociologists thing. There is a mark scheme and feedback from the examiners on the AQA site going through it question by question. In that it looks like it was impossible to get many marks on the new right question without including more than two sociologists and in other parts of the paper they keep mentioning that people need to put actual studies down as proof not just name sociologists. So pretty tough!

Personally I thought it looked a tricky paper. The court question wasn't exactly mainstream and the new right question was also tough if you hadn't covered it in class in quite that way.

Hopefully you'll get the A in the re-sit. :smile: That's the beauty of the January exams. However its stressful waiting and having to do it again :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
I got a D :frown: I am gutted. I knew I didn't do well but I didn't think I would have got lower than a C :frown:
102/120 which is an A! Very pleased, definitely didn't think I'd get an A considering I averaged an E last year for AS :| Knew I could do it though, so the result is refreshing. :smile: Got an A for English Literature too, woo! Hope your exams went okay!
You can find the questions and examiner's report on AQA which runs through all the questions and what they expected for what grade.

Where on the aqa website is this, I can't find it :frown:
My son did it and got 116/120 UMS so I think that's an A so it went okay for him.

It might be the sociologists thing. There is a mark scheme and feedback from the examiners on the AQA site going through it question by question. In that it looks like it was impossible to get many marks on the new right question without including more than two sociologists and in other parts of the paper they keep mentioning that people need to put actual studies down as proof not just name sociologists. So pretty tough!

Personally I thought it looked a tricky paper. The court question wasn't exactly mainstream and the new right question was also tough if you hadn't covered it in class in quite that way.

Hopefully you'll get the A in the re-sit. :smile: That's the beauty of the January exams. However its stressful waiting and having to do it again :frown:

Where did you find the mark scheme going over it question by question?

That's awesome! Best of luck to him!
It most likely was down to that, at least I know what the problem is now!
I think the court question & the new right question were pretty much doable with some common knowledge along with sociologists, ah well.
Fingers crossed haha! Hope your son does well in the summer!

Quick Reply

Latest