The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology unit 4 crime & deviance- january 27th 2012 !!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scaredofexams
Where on the aqa website is this, I can't find it :frown:

Sorry about the delay... I'm technically challenged!!!

Go to page 189 of the thread AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread and someone has pasted all the links through. The sociology one is the SCYL4. The links have been posted by the last person on the page called Veddermann I think. You just click on that. I don't know how to make an attachment here... if you do maybe you could copy the link to this thread????

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by R3cognize
102/120 which is an A! Very pleased, definitely didn't think I'd get an A considering I averaged an E last year for AS :| Knew I could do it though, so the result is refreshing. :smile: Got an A for English Literature too, woo! Hope your exams went okay!

I got the exact same mark as you! So happy :biggrin:
Original post by Clodagh883
I got the exact same mark as you! So happy :biggrin:

+1 to the 102 club. :smile: fairly happy with that!
Reply 383
i got a C in it which aint that bad thought i would get lower but im happy with my garde and will not retake...need to concentrate on unit 3 mass media now :smile:
Reply 384
gutted I got a D-65 ums marks for socio unit 4 seeing as last year got A & B. i got altogether unit 1,2 & 4 227 ums marks how much do I need in the last unit to get a A/B?
Original post by Ash1234
gutted I got a D-65 ums marks for socio unit 4 seeing as last year got A & B. i got altogether unit 1,2 & 4 227 ums marks how much do I need in the last unit to get a A/B?

High 5 on the D front! I had a look at the overall grade boundaries for you (ums)

For a B you will need to achieve at least 53 UMS (Which is a C grade) and unfortuantley you cannot get an A as you need 93 UMS and the SCLY3 paper only goes up to 80 UMS :frown:
Original post by catoswyn
Sorry about the delay... I'm technically challenged!!!

Go to page 189 of the thread AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread and someone has pasted all the links through. The sociology one is the SCYL4. The links have been posted by the last person on the page called Veddermann I think. You just click on that. I don't know how to make an attachment here... if you do maybe you could copy the link to this thread????

:smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1898916&page=189&p=36649538

Mark scheme everyone ^^^^^^

thanks
Reply 387
FML i got a C :|| re taking that i need at least an A or B (overall) arghh
Reply 388
Hey... I'm so perplexed with the sociology unit 4 results!

I got an A - full marks in this exam 120/120, this is extremely odd seeing as I got an E overall (a U in Education and a D in Family)

The results overall in our class were so varied! Some of the hardest workers that were getting A's and B's in mocks ended up with D's and E's, one even got a U!

One girl that got full marks in family and an A in Education got a low B (which she was quite upset about -.-)

My teacher said that my two friends and I both got E's on our mocks the week before, but one got a C and the other a B.

Even the teacher thinks the grades got mixed up! Do you think this is possible!? I worked really hard for this exam in the 3 weeks building up for it, just didn't do much class work/homework in the previous months.

Although I did get a high B in my family resit, despite only completing about half-3/4 of the last question.

Do you think it could also be a reflection of our teacher? As I missed a lot of lessons so just revised from the textbook, our teacher says the textbook is pointless and only gives you access to a C grade, so overloads students with loads of 'postgraduate' information and slide shows with about 20 researchers on them. My theory is that the teacher overloaded the hardworking students with information that isn't even in the syllabus, and that's why the ones who didn't do her work and used the textbook to revise got higher grades.. what do you think?
I got an E, pretty upset because need an A and have to resit other things in the summer
Reply 390
I already have a grade B in soc A2...and i want to resit the Unit 4 paper to get an A overall...im just curious to know whether they will take the best grade out of the two or will the paper i resit in summer be the final grade/mark if u get wat i mean..does anyone know how the resit system works?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 391
i got an A 114 UMS marks but in my college there was quite a mixed bag of results!
Reply 392
Hey, im repeatin the sociology education module in june and was wondering if anyone did it in january past and could tell me what came up please :smile:
Reply 393
i know there has been changes to the format of the SCLY4 paper...but has this affect the marks?...is it out of 90 now...instead of 120?? im confused...can sumwun help...coz i did my A2 soc last yr n got a B...and i am resitting the SCLY4 paper in june to get an A...does anyone have the mark boundaries for this year..for the total A2 grade?
Reply 394
Original post by pearls
Yeah I'd like it to be sociology as a science
Well it won't be value free as it came up in June and feminism has come up
Guess we will hve to wait and see
What do you think for crime section. ?

when paper did feminism come up on
can someone help me with this question
critically examine the contributions of social action theories to our understanding of today's society
Reply 396
Original post by ndubz4lyf
can someone help me with this question
critically examine the contributions of social action theories to our understanding of today's society

talk about webbers social action theory
interactionism
drmaturgical model
ethnomethadology
and giddens structuation theory

i hipe it come up in summer
Reply 397
Original post by gfm
I think gender is not very likely to come up as it has already been in the exam, but yh labelling has good chances of coming up as well as globalisation or may be suicide. For the 33 marker i would say either interactionism or functionalism. The methods questions is harder to say but the context may be something around coorporate crime, green crime or court proceedings as it hasnt come up yet....

wow - u were pretty bang on!!!- its impressive!
labelling
gloablisation
court proceedings
and func/new right"

any hunch on what may come up in june exam - lol cuz im sitting it then
Reply 398
Original post by husn
wow - u were pretty bang on!!!- its impressive!
labelling
gloablisation
court proceedings
and func/new right"

any hunch on what may come up in june exam - lol cuz im sitting it then

i reckon social action theory
Reply 399
Original post by wwelol
i reckon social action theory

possibly - as it hasnt come up b4 - i hate it though!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending