(Original post by 3ka_xo)
yeah i guess, it's like revising for me too.
globalisation means the increasing interconnectedness of societies so that what happens in one locality is shaped by a distant events and vice versa.
you can link globalisation to the media and crime, state crime and green crime.
CAUSES OF GLOBALISATION
- the spread of new communication technologies and influence of global mass media
- cheap air travel
- deregulation of financial and other markets and their opening up to competition
- easier movement - businesses can relocate to countries where profits would be greater
we now have a global criminal economy
HELD ET AL - there has been a globalisation of crime. crime is no longer confined to the borders of one country. theres new opportunities for crime, new ways of committing crime (think computers for both of these) and theres new offences eg. cyber crime - phishing, hacking, illegal downloading, child pornography etc.
CASTELLS - global criminal economy is worth about £1 trillion per annum. we have this economy because of globalisation. crimes that are global....
- arms trafficking -(supplying illegal regimes, terrorists with weapons)
- smuggling illegal immigrants
- trafficking of women and children
- trafficking of body parts for organ transplants
- trafficking of endangered animals or their parts eg. tigers, the fur trade
- sex tourism - going to the third world, often including minors
- cyber crime (listed above)
- international terrorism - ideological links made through technology, can be more widespread
- smuggling legal and illegal goods - eg. stolen cars (illegal) or alcohol and cigarettes to avoid paying taxes
- the drugs trade - in Colombia an estimated 20% of the population rely on cocaine production for their livelihoods.
ah i can't be bothered to go on, it's such a long topic! hope that got you started though