The Student Room Group

Learning Spanish language: The Spanish Learners' Society!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am a native Spanish speaker. I'm from Colombia , I want to learn English no matter what. If someone wants to learn Spanish ... It may be that we can talk for a while, a couple of hours a week ... I do not know . Well ... Spanish and English are a very important language.

:smile:
Original post by jonesacissej
I could do with some help in making words agree in a sentence, could you possibly help?

I'm a native speaker and I'd be happy to help
Would you be happy to help me by looking at some sentences I've written? I need help as soon as possible as I have a test in a week. Message me if you're able to :smile: thank you!

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm a native speaker and I'd be happy to help

Spoiler

I never seem to be able to understand what I'm guessing is slang or bad spelling but can anyone take a guess at what the responses to the teacher mean on this picture?
I'm thinking some are that 'The director/headmistress is my auntie' or 'I didn't even want to go' but that's about it :biggrin:
Original post by matalyst

Spoiler

I never seem to be able to understand what I'm guessing is slang or bad spelling but can anyone take a guess at what the responses to the teacher mean on this picture?
I'm thinking some are that 'The director/headmistress is my auntie' or 'I didn't even want to go' but that's about it :biggrin:

sanababich lmao
I don't know whether this has been mentioned yet but if you like listening to the charts, you should check out "Kevin Karla y la banda" on youtube, they do Spanish versions of popular English songs. I showed this to my Spanish teacher when I was doing AS Spanish and she loved it :biggrin: The videos usually also have got the lyrics to go with them
please could i get some help from a native Spanish speaker? :smile:
Should I use the subjunctive instead of 'sería' in this sentence?
Antes de verla, yo temía que la película sería un poco infantil, pero yo estaba completamente equivocado.
Original post by nelizabeth_
Should I use the subjunctive instead of 'sería' in this sentence?
Antes de verla, yo temía que la película sería un poco infantil, pero yo estaba completamente equivocado.

No, "sería" is the right tense to use there. Also, as you're a girl the word "equivocado" has to be 'equivocada".
Anyone else had their Spanish mock exam or going to have it soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As homework I have to write an essay on why a book that we have read in class is unique. The essay is to be written in English and later translated to Spanish. However I'm not really sure how to go about writing an A* quality essay, in terms of what to put in the intro, main body and conclusion. Help would be appreciated.
Yes, I'm going to have it this Monday! ??????

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you say ' ages ago ' like ' ages ago there was no such thing as electricity '. thanks x
Original post by lozzak
How do you say ' ages ago ' like ' ages ago there was no such thing as electricity '. thanks x

Antaño
no existía la electricidad.
Original post by lozzak

If you're stuck you can always use something simple like 'hace mucho tiempo/hace muchos años'.

Antaño no existía la electricidad.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
If you're stuck you can always use something simple like 'hace mucho tiempo/hace muchos años'.

omg thank you so much!!
- Fue muy difícil verlo luchar a contar hasta tres bajo las órdenes del capitán.

- pero, más obviamente, el título se refiere a el marco de la película y el personaje de fauno.

- Tengo que confesar que, antes de verla, yo temía que la película sería un poco infantil, pero yo estaba completamente equivocado.

- Es una forma más divertida de aprender un idioma, eso es seguro.

Are these sentences grammatically correct? Thanks in advance. :smile:
- Fue muy difícil verlo luchar a contar hasta tres bajo las órdenes del capitán.

- pero, más obviamente, el título ('se' not needed) refiere al marco de la película y el personaje del fauno.

- Tengo que confesar que, antes de verla, yo temía que la película sería un poco infantil, pero yo estaba completamente equivocado.

Highlighted your errors in bold

- pero, más obviamente, el título se refiere a el marco de la película y el personaje de fauno.

Would you mind translating the first 2 sentences into English as I'm not completely sure what you're trying to say...

In the third sentence "equivocado" needs to be "equivocada" as you're a girl.
Would you mind translating the first 2 sentences into English as I'm not completely sure what you're trying to say...

In the third sentence "equivocado" needs to be "equivocada" as you're a girl.

1) It was very difficult to watch him struggle to count to three under the orders of the captain.

2) but, more obviously, the title makes reference to the setting of the film and the character of the faun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending