The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hahahahaha...

Okay, I'm done. Why does your language department use two different boards? That makes little sense. Anyway, the best way is to simply ask for some feedback from your teacher, hopefully he/she should be able to help. Make sure you check over your work for any small glitches, and, of course, make sure the word count falls in the boundaries (OCR demand something between 1150 and 1450 or 550 and 750). As long as you stick to your original question, you should be fine.
Reply 2
My school don't use different boards...last year due to timetabling i had to go to an affiliate school - they were with AQA... it's a long story really...

i was about to print it and then i figured - how do you say "in which"....as in "articles in which the authors say"...

Is it: articles en lesquels les écrivains Beurs disent qu’ils...?
i'm pretty sure it's dans lesquels. i've never heard en lesquels used before.
yeh i agree with pi.

btw, why should we laugh?? it's good being a dual-linguist! i'm one too :p:

my sixth form use AQA for both French and German. and yes, i have also (almost) finished the first courseworks for both of them - well actually, i've done half of both of them..
the way we do it: we do a PLAN first - this actually means we do the coursework in ENGLISH, and then our teacher looks for factual errors, or things that could be improved. when he gives us the go-ahead, it's just a matter of translating it into french or german (which i haven't got to yet, but am sure is going to be very dodgy!). for that, the teacher can't check for grammatical errors.
it's strange because my friend asked my french teacher about his word count (which is SUPPOSED to be ~700) but he couldn't shorten from 1000, so the teacher just told him to leave it at 1000. (weird, non?)
Reply 5
As I partly mentioned above, OCR allow either one long essay (~1200 words) or two short ones (~700). Perhaps AQA have a similar deal?

Also, I'd simply say "Les articles [wrong accent, can't do grave] les auteurs disent...". No chance of mistakes if you keep it simple, as long as your keyboard does graves :P

Latest

Trending

Trending