The Student Room Group

Private investigation?

This field interests me as a possible career, and I did a little reading and found that you can do short courses on becoming a private investigator/ private detective and a degree is desirable. I plan to go to uni, but I'd like to learn more about this career. I understand it's not like the kind of thing on TV, and it can be unsuccessful and low pay. I found out that there's a private investigator in my local area and there's an email address I can contact him on, is it worth contacting him about maybe talking to him about it, maybe even getting a little part time work or observing him at work etc.? And what should I say?
Reply 1
yeah, go for it! ask for 'work experience' or 'work shadowing', anything to show on your CV to prove that you want to do that job and great for experience!
good luck
Introvert
This field interests me as a possible career, and I did a little reading and found that you can do short courses on becoming a private investigator/ private detective and a degree is desirable. I plan to go to uni, but I'd like to learn more about this career. I understand it's not like the kind of thing on TV, and it can be unsuccessful and low pay. I found out that there's a private investigator in my local area and there's an email address I can contact him on, is it worth contacting him about maybe talking to him about it, maybe even getting a little part time work or observing him at work etc.? And what should I say?
Is it possible to get work experience with a 'private' investigator.

Latest

Trending

Trending