The Student Room Group

Why do smart girls play dumb?

I hate it when they do though I think they are putting down the whole female race when they do. I think that they probably think that guys dig a girl who is less clever than themselves but guys like that are so male chauve anyway so why they bother I have no idea
Reply 1
I have a friend who does this to weed out guys. I don't think they're putting down the whole gender.
'female race'? Are you playing dumb or...
Original post by JD.27
I have a friend who does this to weed out guys. I don't think they're putting down the whole gender.

I don't understand are they playing dumb because they don't like the guy or they think guys like dumb girls?
Reply 4
Original post by Simplicity
I don't understand are they playing dumb because they don't like the guy or they think guys like dumb girls?

I imagine they do it to weed out the guys who are just looking for a quick shag.
Original post by SugarPuffs
I imagine they do it to weed out the guys who are just looking for a quick shag.

See that seems stupid. If there was a pretty girl who was stupid and uninterested, wouldn't you just want a quick shag. However, if there was pretty and intelligent girl, surely you wouldn't want a quick shag.
Reply 6
See that seems stupid. If there was a pretty girl who was stupid and uninterested, wouldn't you just want a quick shag. However, if there was pretty and intelligent girl, surely you wouldn't want a quick shag.

She casually drops hints there's more to her. According to her the ones who are paying attention and not just nodding dogs cause they wanna get in her pants pick up on it. It was quite complex she mentioned alot of her friends did it.

Also subpersonalities, most people have about twelve - some people just act goofy and dumb when they're out
Reply 7

Well if I was a guy in a club wanting to pick up a random chick and shag her, I wouldn't want to go after the intelligent girl, because she'd be hard work trying to win over and get her to come back to my place, so I'd go for the girls that seem and sound dumb and rather sluttiesh. Sure, some intelligent girls might want to get picked up by a guy so they act dumb and come across as the same as all the other girls, but they'll just get hit on by jerks/jocks that want that extra notch added to their bedpost.
Reply 8
I actually don't know.

I always end up playing dumb on a night out, and I couldn't begin to explain why.

I think that if I mention that I've applied to do physics at university, it often scares people off and I have no idea why :frown: I asked a guy friend about this once and he said it's because no one here knows how to talk to intelligent people.

And it's not like I'm cocky about being intelligent (because I am deffo not top dog), hell I'd been dating someone for 2 months when I got my AS results and he was completely shocked by my results because apparently 'it's impossible to tell that I'm actually quite clever'

TL;DR, girls act dumb because most guys (and fellow girls!) seem to be scared/ put off by intelligence.

/useless answer :P
Original post by youbonkers
I actually don't know.

I always end up playing dumb on a night out, and I couldn't begin to explain why.

I think that if I mention that I've applied to do physics at university, it often scares people off and I have no idea why :frown: I asked a guy friend about this once and he said it's because no one here knows how to talk to intelligent people.

And it's not like I'm cocky about being intelligent (because I am deffo not top dog), hell I'd been dating someone for 2 months when I got my AS results and he was completely shocked by my results because apparently 'it's impossible to tell that I'm actually quite clever'

TL;DR, girls act dumb because most guys (and fellow girls!) seem to be scared/ put off by intelligence.

/useless answer :P

Personally, saying you going to study Physics at university will scare nearly everyone off.

You are lucky it's not Mathematics. Because people have nightmares about that.

You should tell people you like Physics through. If you want a shag, then I suppose you can leave that out. However, if you want a relationship you should really talk about what interests you.

I disagree with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending