:colonhash:

That's part of it :colonhash:
Reply 23
Original post by TimmonaPortella
That's part of it :colonhash:

Rebel.

:colonhash:
Original post by law-bug
My school gives us ( A2 level) NO study leave at ALL for these january exams.

Neg if you think this is ridiculous...anyone else on the same boat?

Most schools don't for Jan exams. In any case, you only just found out now that you have no study leave?
Reply 25
We don't get any study leave either apart from having either the morning or afternoon off before an exam, so if we have a morning exam, we can take the previous afternoon off.
Actually they do.

Its called Christmas.
Reply 27
Original post by law-bug

Well as everybody else said, you have had the whole of the festive period + a bit of Jan.
I get study leave for AS exams this January, but I need it since I got 4 exams. Luckily, we get 2 weeks study leave, and since all my exams are within the first week, I effectively get 1 week off (skyrim tiem :wink:)

why dont you just call in sick?
Original post by law-bug

Same here. I don't get study leave for January and June Exams, but for GCSE, not A-Level.:tongue:
Reply 30
Our study leave (for summer exams) begins in about 2 months I think. However my school isn't offering study leave for spring exams.
We only get the morning off for days when we have an exam in the afternoon which I thought was still quite good as I wasn't expecting to be getting any.
Reply 32
haven't you revised over christmas.
Reply 33
At my college, it depends on each teacher. Some cancel their lessons and offer revision sessions instead whereas others expect you to come in as normal and (I'm guessing) go over topics that may come up during the exam. So in a sense, there is 'study leave' of sorts. Not ideal though.
Reply 34
Christmas break is partly for revisions for exams. I have 7 modular exams (with no resits) with no study leave and some of my friends have one or two more so it is possible to do.
Original post by law-bug

...anyone else on the same boat?

Nor did I. It's fine. You've just had two weeks off in which you've been able to revise. You are aware of how much stuff needs to be covered by May, I presume?
Original post by laura111294
My college doesn't give study leave for any exams :frown:

Not even in May/June? Now, I don't agree with that. You should be allowed the time off before the main exam season.
Reply 37
we have 3 weeks study leave :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by KingMessi
Not even in May/June? Now, I don't agree with that. You should be allowed the time off before the main exam season.

Nope, I wasn't even aware other colleges gave study leave for A Levels. :/
I guess it's for the best at my college though as otherwise we would only cover half of the syllabus.
Original post by laura111294
Nope, I wasn't even aware other colleges gave study leave for A Levels. :/
I guess it's for the best at my college though as otherwise we would only cover half of the syllabus.

No, I think that the majority do - which I'm vastly in favour of. Does your college work very slowly, then? You should have time to cover the entire syllabus by May/June.

Quick Reply

Latest