Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Problem with 4od on the ps3

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I got a ps3 for Xmas, I haven't had a chance to use it much and I'm still trying to work everything out.

Anyways, I'm trying to watch something on 4od, but everytime I click on the program I want to watch the screen goes back to the top left hand side and it doesn't select anything. Does anybody know how fix this?

Thanks in advance! Also, sorry if I'm just being a bit thick
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Hobbit)
    Hi all

I got a ps3 for Xmas, I haven't had a chance to use it much and I'm still trying to work everything out.

Anyways, I'm trying to watch something on 4od, but everytime I click on the program I want to watch the screen goes back to the top left hand side and it doesn't select anything. Does anybody know how fix this?

Thanks in advance! Also, sorry if I'm just being a bit thick
    Is this via the PS3's web browser, or are you using their 4od player? (I'm guessing the web browser going by the mention of selecting a show and being taken to the top of the page)

Web browser appears to be knackered, from what I can see. Hold the circle button and you'll be asked if you want to close the browser. Choose "Yes". On the menu bar you'll be in the Network tab, yes? Press left until you find the TV/Video Services tab. A 4oD thing may be there but if it's not then select My Channels, press the X button, choose 4oD from the menu that comes up and press the X button again to install the 4oD player onto your PS3. That takes you to a version of the 4oD site which is specially designed for PS3 compatibility

But even then, that has been broken for the past couple of weeks, apparently (earliest report I've seen is Dec 23rd) so in case you get any silly errors about security certificates and what not, read SuperFastZombie's response in http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/14543849 to get yourself sorted there...and if (like me) you end up getting a Lovefilm advert and then the bloody show starts and you get sound but just a black screen, switch off the console, restart it and load up the 4oD player again and the show should work fine now. Hopefully :p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help!

I've installed the 4od player but I'm still having the same problem
    It seems to be opening the video and then immediately navigating away and back to the top left corner of the page. I've tried lots of different links and it's only actually let me play one video, sadly it wasn't one I wanted to watch. I'm not getting any error messages or anything like that.

Oh well, hopefully the 4od problems will be fixed soon, I have BBC iplayer and ITV in the meantime

I really like your sig btw
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been having problems with it and it's almost certainly their coding/software issue, not ps3.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 3, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.