The Student Room Group

McGill and UofT Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Hi.

I'm planning on applying to McGill for fall of 2013 for a BA degree. I scored 7A*s, 2As and 2Bs in my GCSEs. I gave my A Levels this past May and scored A*ABD (In Psychology, World History, Economics and Mathematics respectively). I'm currently re-sitting for A Level Math. Academically speaking, should I consider myself in a comfortable position regarding the admission criteria? I'm currently in the middle of my gap year want advice on anything more I can do to better my application. Any suggestions? Could the Math grade hinder me? I'm worried since the result of my re-take will not be out when the McGill deadline passes. :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Does anyone here know if international applicants (from Europe) have to take the SAT tests as well?
Original post by dorothy225
Does anyone here know if international applicants (from Europe) have to take the SAT tests as well?

I'd suggest you check their requirements, but if you're taking the IB, A-levels, or french baccalaureate (what I did), no need for SATs.
Original post by Felchingman
I'd suggest you check their requirements, but if you're taking the IB, A-levels, or french baccalaureate (what I did), no need for SATs.

Thanks for your reply :smile: I'm taking the European Baccalaureate (in Belgium) this year and I've already checked their requirements but they don't say anything about it.. I've also sent an email to their Service Point but they only sent me an automatic reply back :/ Assuming that the European Baccalaureate is similar to the French baccalaureate I might not need the SATs but I still want to be sure..
Reply 584
Do A-level candidates have to take SAT for Mcgill?
I know the website says only US residents have to but if don't will it limit my chances of getting accepted?
Reply 585
Im applying to mcgill and U Of T soon for 2nd year entry for 2013 entry for BA Economics , My gcses are A*AABBBBC and my AS-levels are ABBC in Arabic, Economics, Mathematics and physics respectively. My predictions are AAAB, do i have a solid chance in Mcgill/ U of T?. im also applying to other canadian university but tbh i really want to go to Mcgill. Im applying as international applicant, should i consider applying to Bcom also?
Reply 586
Whats the deadline for applying to mcgill and uni of toronto?plz tell its urgent

Reply 587
Original post by mkhatri1
Whats the deadline for applying to mcgill and uni of toronto?plz tell its urgent

For McGill the apllication deadline is Jan 15
For U of T the deadline varies depending on your choice of program. Check this link.

http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/p1.action?domain=adm&page=about
Reply 588
Hi
My name is musab.
Gce o level:3A*4A 3B
A's:4A
A level predicted:3A*1A
In which Canadian unis will I get scholarship ?

Quick Reply

Latest