The Student Room Group

Finally, "Prepared"

Well, I've got £0.17p in my bank until my next student loan, so I'm kind of relying on this loan to come in early.

It should be paid in on the 9th of January, but now that it says prepared, would it actually be in earlier?

Many Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Welsh.Dude
Well, I've got £0.17p in my bank

you could buy 17 penny sweets and have 2.86 a day
Reply 2
Well, I've got £0.17p in my bank until my next student loan, so I'm kind of relying on this loan to come in early.

It should be paid in on the 9th of January, but now that it says prepared, would it actually be in earlier?

Many Thanks!

I am in exactly the same position, but with 0.18p :frown:
Due the 9th, and it has changed to prepared, hope it comes in early :smile:
Reply 3
It sucks :/

Hopefully. My sister has had her loan paid when it wasn't due until 16th! Go figure.
Depends on your bank. Payments are submitted 5w/d generally before they are due and with christmas they could be submitted earlier meaning earlier payment making sure you're paid on time :smile:
It probably won't arrive early, can be prepared for a couple of days.

If you bank with RBS or Natwest it goes in on the saturday.

You MIGHT be lucky and get it early, but it didn't happen for me last year!

Year before I got it 12 days early though
Reply 6
Shweet, I am with Natwest :smile:
Reply 7
Ahh hopefully I shall also get it on the Saturday then!
Although, I haven't had much trust in Student Finance or Natwest lately
Reply 8
Original post by shouldbeshot

If you bank with RBS or Natwest it goes in on the saturday.

You MIGHT be lucky and get it early, but it didn't happen for me last year!

Not always true, mine went in on a Wednesday last semester (was due Monday 26th September, went in Wednesday 21st September) and I bank with Natwest. It just seems to depend on how well Student Finance are processing it, over my three years there has never been any pattern as to when they pay them and how early.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ajp100688
Not always true, mine went in on a Wednesday last semester (was due Monday 26th September, went in Wednesday 21st September) and I bank with Natwest. It just seems to depend on how well Student Finance are processing it, over my three years there has never been any pattern as to when they pay them and how early.

You misunderstood
You got paid on a Wednesday because you got paid early.
If you get paid on a Monday (as in its processed for the Monday) then it will go in on saturday with Natwest. Other banks don't include Saturday as a working day but Natwest does.
You were just lucky and student finance sent it early!
Reply 10
Wehey. Student Loan just got submitted so it should be in Friday/Sunday.

Just spent the last of my money for some Sainsbury's creamed tomato soup!

Can't wait for my 24h Tesco Shop.
I can't wait for Saturday because as soon as my loan goes in we are going shopping for a new TV and Xbox Kinect. Sounds like a waste of a loan but I can afford it and the boyfriend is buying the kinect. I'm a mum so can't exactly get out to exercise.

My student finance says submitted as well, as it has a 3 day processing time expect it on Saturday
Reply 12
I guess it depends on if Natwest count Saturday as a working day
Reply 13
Mine has gone to submitted today too :biggrin: I hope Lloyds count Saturday as a working day. I am so skint!
Original post by chall1404
I am in exactly the same position, but with 0.18p :frown:
Due the 9th, and it has changed to prepared, hope it comes in early :smile:

Not sure if I read your signature properly, but are you a 2nd year at Liverpool? Which Uni?
Reply 15
Original post by Gemik
Mine has gone to submitted today too :biggrin: I hope Lloyds count Saturday as a working day. I am so skint!

At the moment, "The Final Countdown" is looping over in my head.
Original post by claret_n_blue
Not sure if I read your signature properly, but are you a 2nd year at Liverpool? Which Uni?

Yup its my second, and Hope :smile:
Reply 17
You misunderstood
You got paid on a Wednesday because you got paid early.
If you get paid on a Monday (as in its processed for the Monday) then it will go in on saturday with Natwest. Other banks don't include Saturday as a working day but Natwest does.
You were just lucky and student finance sent it early!

My bad, you're totally right. It's gone submitted now so I should have it on Friday or Saturday thank god. I've had 8p in my account since December 13th so I can't bloody wait. Pretty annoying that I get it early when I don't need it and not when I really need it, typical Student finance :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
I guess it depends on if Natwest count Saturday as a working day

They do, I keep repeating this fact! I used to work for Natwest I can wholeheartedly promise that they do
Reply 19
They do, I keep repeating this fact! I used to work for Natwest I can wholeheartedly promise that they do

Ahh that's great! Many thanks!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending