The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Received email from Warwick House Chambers last night stating that they are still considering applications due to the overwhelming number of people who applied and will revert to applicants shortly.
Reply 421
Original post by GodWilling
Received email from Warwick House Chambers last night stating that they are still considering applications due to the overwhelming number of people who applied and will revert to applicants shortly.

Anyone else apply and NOT get the email last night?!
Original post by Satis
Yep. And can't change colour using the Word toolbox. I assume it's deliberate to make your answers obvious, but it is a bit weird.

I think I can safely say that is the least of my worries with that application form, however - although it is, rather pleasingly, the only one I've seen to ask for a specific rating of the importance of sense of humour!

S x

I thought this at first too but you just have to turn the track changes off, then it goes back to normal.

Hope that helps.
Reply 423
Original post by TakeTwo

TakeTwo,

I applied to Warwick House and did not get the email either - also applied to Rose & Dunn and never received the rejection email that was sent out.

Anybody heard from 3PB Winchester?
Original post by TakeTwo

Yep...rather worrying!
Original post by MRMDK
TakeTwo,

Anybody heard from 3PB Winchester?

Nothing from 3PB - I'd given up as it is due to start in May! Let's hope they're just taking their time...
Original post by TakeTwo

Did you apply by email or post?
Reply 427
Original post by GodWilling
Did you apply by email or post?

Emailed to the 'cdrewlaw' at btinternet address the day before the deadline.
Reply 428
I applied by email to Warwick House, and haven't heard anything either.

Has anyone received a response from Tanfield Chambers?
Reply 429
I took the bait and emailed Christopher Drew - he has just replied stating there were too many applications to reply to on one day - don't panic!
Original post by TakeTwo
I took the bait and emailed Christopher Drew - he has just replied stating there were too many applications to reply to on one day - don't panic!

Thanks Take Two!
Original post by TakeTwo

Yeah, the letter they emailed said they were overwhelmed by applications. I *almost* felt sorry for them...
Reply 432
Original post by _EternalOptimist_
I've not heard from farringdon either - and after re-reading my cv have given up all hope!

Just to confirm, did anybody hear either way from Farringdon in the end - just so that I can ross it off the table!

Thanks
Original post by LEM20

Has anyone received a response from Tanfield Chambers?

Silence here. The website says before the 30th, so I wouldn't expect to hear until the end of this week.
Reply 434
All twelve PP applications submitted yesterday. Over 5000 applications on the system now - and apparently the vast majority are submitted in the last few days. I wouldn't be surprised if there were over 10,000 this year.
Reply 435
Original post by PuppHunter
All twelve PP applications submitted yesterday. Over 5000 applications on the system now - and apparently the vast majority are submitted in the last few days. I wouldn't be surprised if there were over 10,000 this year.

I've decided not to apply till next year so that's 12 less you'll be pleased to hear!
Original post by PuppHunter

Well done! It's always a good idea to get them in before the final rush. Very best of luck to you.
Original post by Neo
I've decided not to apply till next year so that's 12 less you'll be pleased to hear!

May I ask what influenced your decision not to apply? What stage of your education are you at? My own view is that, once you are eligible to do so, it is always a good idea to make the OLPAS run - whether for testing the water or even getting the experience!
Original post by Kessler`
May I ask what influenced your decision not to apply? What stage of your education are you at? My own view is that, once you are eligible to do so, it is always a good idea to make the OLPAS run - whether for testing the water or even getting the experience!

^ agreed. Plus, playing the OLPAS game is like gaining membership to a little (not so little) club of worried people. It is a great conversation starter:

"Anything from OLPAS?"
"No"
Reply 439
Hands up if you went to submit an app and found an extra question that wasn't there before OLPAS opened...... :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending