The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Email from St Johns Chambers, Bristol.

"Dear Candidate

Chambers is currently reviewing all the applications. However to keep you informed, the following is our interview schedule.

First interviews will take place on Saturday 30 June 2012. Second interviews are scheduled to take place on Saturday 14 July 2012, or the following week depending on individual candidate availability

If you are successfully selected for first interview we will contact you by phone and email to arrange an interview time after the 8 June 2012.

Regards
Isabelle Mills"
I got that email from St Johns too and just looked on portal out of interest. Does everyone else have:

Application under consideration - decision made on 4th May 2012

on their St John's application details?
Reply 642
Original post by Baby Barrister
I got that email from St Johns too and just looked on portal out of interest. Does everyone else have:

Application under consideration - decision made on 4th May 2012

on their St John's application details?

Yes mine says that too.
Original post by Alexr115
Yes mine says that too.

me too
Reply 644
Just a heads up that Silk series 2 starts in 30 minutes.
Reply 645
Original post by Shearn
Just a heads up that Silk series 2 starts in 30 minutes.

Cheers!
It usually means that Sets make decisions bit by bit, an then enter those decisions onto the system, but they haven't yet pressed the button which sends out those responses to candidates. In other words, they've made their decision but they're not telling you yet.

Some sets, conversely, will send out their responses bit by bit as soon as the decisions are made.
Reply 647
Original post by Legal_eagle2012
Ok, thanks! Hopefully that means they're not too far off sending out all their responses! :smile:

Mine still says "Under Consideration"...
and mine, so don't worry about it. They're obviously just doing the piecemeal approach.
Reply 649
Original post by Mini Pupil
and mine, so don't worry about it. They're obviously just doing the piecemeal approach.

Seems like they might take a while now to publish results:frown:
Reply 650

Even if you click through to the 'View Application Options'?
Reply 651
Original post by TakeTwo
Even if you click through to the 'View Application Options'?

Apologies. I see what you mean now. I got the same showing.
Reply 652
Original post by zara82
Seems like they might take a while now to publish results:frown:

4BB didn't reply until early July last year, and Chambers generally stick to the same timetable. I'd take an educated guess that super efficient crime and mixed sets will start sending invitations next week.
I might be able to clarify a little on this. "Decision made" does not mean very much at all. Someone from a chambers last year told us that could happen whenever chambers performed an "action", such as printing off the forms or even acknowledging to the system that they had recieved the forms. Sometimes, and only sometimes, it did precede an email. However, for the vast majority of cases, your status would be updated as "invited to first interview" or "rejected" as soon as chambers sent out the appropriate emails through the system. You couldn't rely on "decision made" as an early indicator, therefore, of either rejection or interview.

The important thing to remember at this stage, people, is that you are still in the early days. When I look back at my diaries for the preceding two years, chambers didn't really start applying themselves en masse to sifting/inviting people until June. You will recieve an email/telephone call to interview, so don't torment yourself by f5'ing the Portal all day :wink:
Reply 654
Original post by Kessler`
I might be able to clarify a little on this.When I look back at my diaries for the preceding two years, chambers didn't really start applying themselves en masse to sifting/inviting people until June. You will recieve an email/telephone call to interview, so don't torment yourself by f5'ing the Portal all day :wink:

I am sure you did the same the last two years.
BTW: I received invitations for an interview from last week in May last year.
Reply 655
Zenith first round interviews are out by email.
Original post by zara82
I am sure you did the same the last two years.
BTW: I received invitations for an interview from last week in May last year.

Yeah, 2 Hare Court replied quickly last year, but pretty much everyone else was late June or even July.

Don't sweat.
Reply 657
Yeah, 2 Hare Court replied quickly last year, but pretty much everyone else was late June or even July.

Don't sweat.

187 FS was in May too...
Cool. So two from 'lots'.
Reply 659
Cool. So two from 'lots'.

Three! Read properly (see above)!

Also: who said 'lots'? Where did you read this?

Further, I understand if those of you trying for several years have given up hope slightly. But that doesnt mean others are not entitled to expect good news from May. Checking PP may not necessarily involve sweating Mini Pupil!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending